12| Press the Forbidden Button

ابدأ من البداية

"Ooh! I have some fun cocktails and mocktails. Which would you like to hear about first?"

"Cocktails!" Logan exclaimed. "Please."

I grinned. "Well, we've got a lovely red velvet shortcake cocktail with vodka, lemon juice–"

I was cut off when Taylor Swift's song started to play, meaning Jeremy was making his big entrance. The song got quieter as the DJ announced Jeremy's arrival, causing everyone's attention to turn to the double-doors where a single spotlight was ready to shine on Jeremy and Cayden.

"Introducing the man of the night..." The DJ called out, playing a drumroll sound effect before yelling out, "The birthday man, 22 years old today, Jeremy Williams!"

The double doors opened and the spotlight caught Jeremy, his arms spread out wide with a huge grin on his face. The spotlight also caught Cayden off guard, but that wasn't the only person walking in alongside them.

I gulped and moved to stand behind Logan, clutching the back of her shirt and trying my best to make myself disappear.

"Why in the hell are you standing behind me like that?" she asked. "Oh my god. You're hiding!"

"Yup!" I agreed.

"Oh, from Tyler," Noah said, nodding towards the entrance where Tyler walked in side-by-side with Jeremy and Cayden. "Wait a minute. I didn't think they invited Tyler."

"Maybe that's why Cayden was preoccupied," Logan suggested, then spun around with Noah to look at me. "You can't hide forever. Especially now. This is a pretty big party, PC, but it's not that big."

I was partially squatting behind Noah and Logan's bodies, but my eyes peeked over their shoulders so I could see Tyler. The worst part about it was that he looked so good, and it was practically impossible to want to look away. His brown hair fell messily, with a few rogue strands here and there, but it didn't even look remotely bad. He'd even dressed up for the occasion in all red: a red t-shirt and a red jean jacket that just did him wonders.

I gulped and ducked down. I knew that Jeremy and Cayden would make their way over to us soon enough, and Tyler would undoubtedly come with them. But my heart was racing and even though I'd been ready to see Tyler at the club, I knew that I just couldn't do it. Not here, not tonight. You know, possibly not ever.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you not to run away from the truth?" Noah said.

"Only Tyler James Williams. Ugh! And he has the same name as the Tyler I'm avoiding!" I exclaimed. "I have to find a place to hide."

"For the entire night? PC, you're insane," Logan said. "You need to be able to enjoy the party you planned without feeling the need to run away. Sure, Tyler's here. But–"

My eyes widened because I spotted Cayden, Jeremy, and Tyler walking straight towards us.

"Okay, yeah, nope!" I said. "Goodbye, pretend I'm busy!"

"Porkchop! Get your ass back here!"

Logan's voice was fading away because I was running fast. And hopefully stealthy, as well. Because if one thing was true, I wasn't going to be able to face Tyler at the moment. No amount of faked confidence would allow me to be ready to see him right now at this very moment.

I was going to have to disappear, but the good news was that everything was red, including my outfit. So like, I was basically camoflauged.

✿✿✿

So far, I had managed to lay low while still enjoying the party. I mean, I mainly stayed anywhere I felt I blended in with the decor, which was mostly near the red curtains. But I enjoyed my mocktails when I could sneak away to the drinks table, knowing that Tyler wasn't in sight.