Chapter 34

Scarlett's P.O.V

I found myself gasping for air as I reached the downstairs bathroom. I heard a set of footsteps following close behind as I slammed the door shut. Not even bothering to turn on the light I slid down into the bathtub. For the second time tonight, I gave in. I felt my eyes get glossy and soon I was in a pool of my own tears. The door to the bathroom slowly opened. I forgot to lock the door...

I quickly looked away and put my head in my hands. The person sat down in front of me, sliding down until their legs filled up the rest of the room this bathtub had.

"I'm sorry." Their voice said, full of pity and regret.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you guys." I chocked out as I rubbed my eyes slowly.

"Don't beat yourself up for it. We deserved it." They sighed and stuck their hand out. I took it while standing up. Just before they got out I stopped them.

"Why is the world filled with so much darkness?" More tears fell from my eyes. Their eyes snapped over to mine. Those hazel eyes, stared right back at mine. They turned their body to mine and grabbed both my hands.

"If you want Scarlett, I'll be the light in your darkness." They said quietly, leaning towards me. I slowly nodded looking from their eyes to their plump lips. They leaned in closer, until they were placed on top of mine. Our lips moved in sync like the time before, in the woods.

My hands made their way up to his hair as he put his arms around my waist. I was shoved back a bit but our lips stayed locked on each others. I felt my shoulder hit something and quickly after cold water rained down on us. It was like a sensation I'd never had, even though the water was freezing, his lips were warm and gave me warmth.

We continued in this position for a minute and then he pulled away smiling. Ashton climbed out of the shower. He pulled me up with him and wrapped a towel around our bodies. It was as if all my terrible feelings went away. I think it was time we call it a day, considering tomorrow was a very important day.

-Sorry this was a short ass chapter. I have so much homework to do... I think I'll post another chapter either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for reading!