Chapter 38

ANOTHER UPDATE WOW EMILY! Yes I'm sorry updates were coming in slow but now I'm doing a little bit better I guess? Anyway, sorry for the cliffhanger ;) actually I'm not really sorry. Onto the story. Maybe after a month my writings got better? I have no idea lol ok bye.

"Hello?" I whispered while I tried to find the light switch. With no luck I started to head for the door. I felt against the wall until the cool brass handle was touching my skin. I tugged at it but the door didn't budge. After numerous times of trying to get the door open I started to feel a bit dizzy. Is it hot in here? My mind raced with so many questions asking the same thing over and over. What's going on? Soon my vision became blurry and before I could even thinks someone said from right next to me,

"The only thing you find in the dark is demons."

Scarlett's P.O.V.

Suspicion. Urgency. Speculation. The heavy burden rested on my shoulders, making my body feel like a rock. My eyes fluttered open, yet just like when my eyes where closed I was still greeted by the never ending abyss. Except I wasn't alone, I could see someone straight ahead.

"Hello?" I called out. My voice echoed, but as it echoed the tune got lower and lower. It was like someone was playing an old record backwards. Suddenly 5 silhouettes appeared right before my eyes. All but one, glowed a bright white color. The last one glowed a dark blue, then a dark red before turning black. It kept changing right in front of my eyes, the same pattern of colors to. Then it suddenly ran off, into the distance.

"Wait!" I screamed while sprinting towards the direction where the silhouette ran off.

"Wait!"
"Hello?"
"Wait!"

In all directions my voice called back to me. They kept calling and calling, until I realized they weren't even echoes... It was my own mind. I put my hands over my ears while slowly sitting on the ground. They'll go away eventually, right now I have to figure out where I am.

"Pathetic. You don't even realize that this is all a dream." A familiar voice muttered. I didn't dare look up. Why were they here?

"Look at me." The voice screamed causing me to wince. I looked up making sure to give them a cold glare. They slowly sat down in front of me before wrapping their fingers in mine.

"It's too bad. If it weren't for Ashton you'd be mine." They said while laughing hysterically.

"What I don't get, is why out if all people are you in my dream? No this isn't a dream. It's a nightmare if you ask me!" I yelled, slapping their cold lanky fingers away from me. They smirked before speaking again.

"You'll get to know me. Maybe you'll even fall for me. It's my mission. I'm Zachary Love, and I can get any girl I want."

"Are you done? Hey I know! Maybe if I click my shoes together three times like Dorothy I'll wake up!" I joked at him. If this was a dream, I had nothing to fear.

"Oh but my dear, don't you want to know who was in the closet?" Zach asked, his smile grew wide before standing up.

"Oh look! They're here now." Zach exclaimed, pointing off into the darkness. I could barely make a silhouette, they were hiding in the darkness. It was also the silhouette that was glowing all the different colors earlier.

"Come over here. Greet your friend." Zach's English accent rang. The silhouette slowly started walking forward. Soon it was full out sprinting to where we were. 20 feet, 15 feet, 8 feet, 2 feet... Suddenly the silhouette jumped on top of me. Their face was blurry, showing no identity of who they were.

"Im among them. Someone you thought to be trusted. Yet, you're the one who can't be trusted. Leave! Scarlett! Leave! Scarlett! Scarlett! Scarlett! Scarlett!"

-

"Scarlett!?" I shot up and slapped the person who was on top of me.

"Let go of me!" I screamed while bumping into something which caused me to fall straight on my ass. There was an eerie silence. I opened my eyes to see Luke, Calum and Courtney staring right back at me. Their eyes wide and concerned, looking at me in astonishment. My breathing heavily.

"What the hell..." Luke muttered from on the ground, his hand against his cheek. We were still in the closet but the lights were on, and the door was practically knocked down.

"I- I'm sorry.." I whispered as tears threatened to escape my eyes. Soon they poured out quickly.

"Uh.. Don't worry about it Scar. What happened?" He asked while setting his hand down. There was a bright red spot from where I hit him. Damn it Scarlett....

"Last night I got this strange text telling me to meet them in the closet. I thought it was one of you but when I got up here and the door locked I wasn't sure. Someone was in here with me though, they said something before I passed out." I quickly murmured. That's right... I didn't pass out from shock either. It must've been them.

"I don't think I passed out from shock either. It was more slow, and the room felt like it was heating up." I quickly added with a sigh.

"So you think someone did it?" Courtney asked as she bent down next to me. She rubbed the tears off of my face before grabbing my hand.

"But I didn't have any-" I quickly stopped before remembering I did have something to drink. The cup Zach gave me. I gasped before sprinting out the door and into the hallway. The cup of water was still there, untouched. I wonder if this has anything in it.

"Zach gave me this." I said as they came out from the hallway. Calum took the cup and smelled it. Then he coughed and gave it back quickly.

"That is not water." Cal gagged and plugged his nose. Then what was it? There was a loud laugh from the end of the hallway. Zach appeared in front of the door at the end of the hallway. He made his way towards us before taking it. Just like in my dream, he randomly appears.

"I didn't spike your fucking drink. Damn drama queen..." He put the cup towards his mouth before drinking the rest of it and throwing it onto the ground. I was expecting him to faint, or at least get dizzy. Instead we stood there staring at him. He shrugged and walked down the stairs. For some reason he's perfectly fine...

"Finally. Where have you been?" Ashton asked running up the stairs, Michael was right behind him. He gave me a huge hug.

"We searched everywhere! We've been searching since yesterday." He sighed in relief before giving me another hug.

"It's a long story. Why don't we get something to eat downstairs though. Let's all go... I'm starving." I said while trudging myself downstairs. It's been a day since I've eaten. That might not be long to you but believe me, I can't go a few hours without eating something.

Unknown P.O.V.

I quietly led myself out of the house. Then I walked over to the side of the house and looked around. There was Zach, lying down on the grass. His eyes were shut and his breathing was slow. I grabbed him and tugged him over to the car. His limp body fell straight in the back seat. I quickly got into the front before anyone saw me.

"Good work Zach, they don't suspect a thing."

-

This'll be one of few. It's not that I don't like these but I don't know if you guys like it. The story is a mystery now, haha. If you don't like it then don't worry. I don't plan on it being a mystery like this if you guys don't like it. If you do please tell me, I kinda like how the story is going. My favorite genre is mystery and fiction. Let's hope updates come in quicker? ^^ also spring break soon!! More chapters. Please leave feedback. Thank you :) ~Em