Chapter 16

Still taking questions on the authors note. Thanks guys for almost 1000 views and almost 100 votes :) this is a short chapter sorry...

~

Ashton's P.O.V

The sound of Scarlett's name made my heart race. It wasn't till now that I've actually realized that Juliet does resemble Scarlett. The way they both squint their eyes and put their hands over their mouths when they laugh. Also both of them have wavy hair yet Scarlett has light brown hair and Juliet has blonde. Heck they even have the same voice. Though they are not the same. Juliet is a bit more confident and laughs more then I ever heard out of Scarlett.

"Of course not Luke. I brought her here because I thought I would show her around a bit. But now that you mention it, they do look the same." I whispered and then went to go sit on the drum stool. Luke's basement basically had everything we needed. A few guitars, a mini fridge and lastly a drum set.

"Hell Ashton they could be twins." Michael muttered before going to sit down on the couch. We were all thinking but shortly stopped as we heard light footsteps. I looked up and saw Juliet, looking around in the basement.

"It's pretty cool isn't it?" Calum said before going walking to where Juliet was.

"I'm Calum, I would like to say nice to meet you but I'm pretty sure we've met before." Cal said with a smile. He took out his hand and shook hers.

"Yeah, the 14 hour plane ride." Juliet said and laughed a bit.

"How's the jet lag by the way?" Luke asked and walked over to her. They continued talking for about 5 minutes. That was until we started our practice.

"So we know you're a fan, but what's your favorite song of ours?" Michael asked before going over to get the guitar he usually uses when we practice.

"Gotta Get Out and Wherever You Are have always been my favorites." She answered with a small smile playing at her lips.

Then her smile got even wider as Michael started strumming the beginning to Wherever You Are. I lightly tapped onto the drums before the words came in.

~

Scarlett's P.O.V

(This part is dedicated to my best friends Lia, Courtney and Gabby. We are a weird bunch but you guys always have my back so thank you.)

For a while we pretended

That we never had to end it

But we knew we'd have to say goodbye

You were crying at the airport

When they finally closed the plane door

I could barely hold it all inside

Torn in two

And I know I shouldn't tell you

But I just can't stop thinking of you

Wherever you are

You

Wherever you are

Every night I almost call you

Just to say it always will be you

Wherever you are

I could fly a thousand oceans

But there's nothing that compares to

What we had, and so I walk alone

I wish I didn't have to be gone

Maybe you've already moved on

But the truth is I don't want to know

Torn in two

And I know I shouldn't tell you

But I just can't stop thinking of you

Wherever you are

You

Wherever you are

Every night I almost call you

Just to say it always will be you

Wherever you are

You can say we'll be together

Someday

Nothing lasts forever

Nothing stays the same

So why can't I stop feeling this way

Torn in two

And I know I shouldn't tell you

But I just can't stop thinking of you

Wherever you are

You

Wherever you are

Every night I almost call you

Just to say it always will be you

Wherever you are

I could feel light tears falling down my cheek as the four angels sang. They were perfect. I started clapping as the final strum of the guitar played.

"I'm impressed." I said with a slight laugh. Then I wiped a few stray tears away.

"You better be, took us 5 days to write the chorus." Michael said with a laugh.

The practice flew by and soon it was 9:00. Me and Ashton said bye to Liz and the guys. We walked back out to the car and sat down. It wasn't after a few minutes of him driving that a question popped into my head. I had to ask now or I probably wouldn't get the chance.

"Who's Scarlett?" My voice came out as a whisper.

Ashton's hand slid on the steering wheel a few times which left the car to swerve a bit on the road. Luckily there was no other car in sight.

"What are you talking about?" Ashton said as his jaw got tight. This panicked me for a second. Had I just ruined a bit of our new friendship?

"I- I saw a post on Twitter a while back. I was just wondering." I stuttered a bit then looked down at my hands. They were shaking gently so I put them between my thighs.

"Oh, she was an old friend, nothing important."

Did you hear that? That was the sound of my heart breaking for the 20th this year.