Chapter 15

Scarlett's P.O.V

My pulse started racing as Ashton's eyes scanned over me. It felt like an eternity before I answered him.

"I have been to a few of your gigs, maybe you've seen me there." I whispered hoping he wouldn't go any further.

"Yeah maybe." He said slowly, his eyes still glued to me. It was until now I realized we were inches apart. My face heated up and Ashton's as well.

"Here let me help you up." He said and took my hand. Then he pulled me up with one tug. His blush was adorable.

"Sorry about the dishes again..." Ash said as he picked up a few more pieces. He threw the other pieces away and I saw the food was ready. It looked really good to be honest. The pancakes were redone and looked perfectly cooked. The bacon looked delicious but hey, any bacon is delicious.

"It's ok! The food looks so good."

"Of course it looks good! Ash the chef made it." He cockily said with a wide grin on his face.

"Ashton the astronaut, Ashton the drummer, Ashton the bubble blower and Ashton the chef. Damn Ashton your occupation changes more then Michael's hair." I told him while laughing. He stared at me for a second before laughing along.

"I don't think it's physically possible to beat Michael.." Ash whispered while he shuddered. I laughed even more at his actions and we were both eventually on the floor laughing our heads off. It's the little things my friend. The little things...

"Why am I still laughing?" He asked right as his phone started to ring. The tune of Everything is Awesome started to play. I looked up and once again fell to the ground laughing.

"Heyyyy Luke what's up?" Ash said into the phone as he giggled. I could hear the convo from where I was sitting.

"Ashton Irwin are you drunk?" A masculine voice said. I just put a hand over my lips to keep from laughing.

"No mum I'm not drunk." Ash said this time he sounded a tiny bit more serious.

"Good mate because we have band practice in 10." The voice said on the other line.

"Yeah yeah... I'll be over soon. Hey you don't mind if I bring over a friend do you?" He said as he looked at me. I smiled sweetly at him and he returned it.

"Sure dork, just don't be late." Another person said on the other line and it hung up.

Ashton turned to me and asked if I wanted to go with him to the band practice. I agreed then remember I was still in my pjs.

"I have to go change.. " I said before running up the stairs. I opened my drawers and got into my closet. It took me 2 minutes to decide on my outfit. I chose a long sleeved light pink shirt. It was loose and hung over my arms like a sweater. Then I chose a pair of navy blue shorts that were just enough length for my legs. I topped it off with some sandals and light makeup. I just decided to leave my hair up in the messy bun that I put up earlier.

My feet led me back downstairs and into the kitchen. Ashton was sitting on a chair, facing the opposite way of me. He was on his phone and I took this moment to sneak attack him. I slowly crawled to him until I could see his phone. He was on Twitter just about to take a selfie and then I jumped on him. We fell to the ground.

Ash put his hands around me. As we both fell he pulled me tight to his chest and then his back hit the floor. I stared at him, my eyes getting wide, bewildered at the fact he was so caring even though I had jumped on him. My head retracted up and my eyes found his squeezed tight.

"That was so fucking heroic. I am truly Smash." He muttered and opened his eyes. Well he just ruined the moment... I got up off the floor and he did but slowly.

"Are you ok?" I asked him. I knew I wasn't the lightest girl in the world so I hoped I didn't hurt him.

"Yeah! I'm perfectly fine." He said with a big smile. As I looked into his hazel eyes I could see he was in some kind of pain. I knew because when he smiled his eyes didn't brighten up as much as his mouth. They stayed the same.

"Should we get going?" I asked. Ash just nodded and we headed to his house. Before I could open the passenger sides door, Ashton ran up and opened it for me. Then when I got in he shut it slowly making sure he didn't hit me with the door. He ran over and got in himself. Luke's house was 10 minutes away.

"So how did you know it was me who jumped on you?" I asked him while I tucked a few light blonde strands of hair back into my bun.

"I didn't." He said quietly and kept his eyes forward on the road. As he drove I noticed his arms were on the steering wheel and his long fingers wrapped around the wheel. He was also very built up and muscular since the last time I saw him. It was like Ash was a whole different person. The cute childish personality changed the same though.

It was dead quiet so I took this opportunity to get out my phone and get onto Twitter. As my hand reached into my back pocket I realized it wasn't there. Frantically, I kept patting around myself to see if it fell out.

"Is there a bee in here?" Ashton asked with a giggle.

"No but I think I left my phone at my house."

"We can turn arou-" he started but I cut him off.

"We're almost there, I don't want you to be late."

"Ok but if you need to use my phone then just ask." He said and smiled at me. I just nodded at him and looked straight ahead. It seemed as if the weather was getting warmer, or I'm just getting warm at the fact Ashton is sitting next to me.

~

We had finally made it to Luke's house a few minutes later. I unbuckled my seatbelt then the door next to me was softly opened. Ashton out his hand out signaling that he wanted to help me out and I great fully took it. We walked up to the door and before we could knock it was thrown open.

"Ashton! How are you love it's been so long." A women said before hugging Ash and taking a step back.

"And what do we have here? Don't tell me this beautiful girl is your girlfriend." She said.

"My names Liz Hemmings." She smiled and then engulfed me into a hug.

"I'm Juliet." I said sweetly to her and smiled. So this is Luke's mum?

"She's a friend." Ashton muttered before walking inside. Liz invited me inside and asked if I wanted anything which I no to. I heard loud voices so I decided to follow them. After walking around for a bit, the voices were louder and seemed to be coming from the basement. As I took a few steps down the voices were clear. I was able to make out everything they were saying.

In all honesty, I don't mean to snoop. But when your name comes up its kind of hard not to.

"Please tell me you're not using Juliet because she looks like Scarlett."