Chapter 28

Scarlett's P.O.V

It's currently 1:00 P.M and Im exhausted... The guys and Courtney left to get food and I was ready to go home. The nurse said that she would release me around 3:00. Apparently she wasn't the nicest nurse.

First off she took my phone so I couldn't have communication with anyone. Second Ashton told me she lied numerous times about my condition. Lastly the whole atmosphere around her is off. I hate being alone in a room with her.

Since I was going to leave in about an hour I decided to face what I've been dreading the most. What the mirror would reflect back. I know I must look like a zombies bride or I just got hit by a bus.

I jumped out of the bed and onto the floor. I haven't walked in weeks so to be honest the struggle was real. I stretched a bit and did a few lunges but it didn't help the ache that my legs brought. So I decided to ignore it and just get this thing over with. I led myself past the curtain that shielded my bed and into the bathroom on the left side of the room.

When I got in there my clothes were laid out on the sink. I can probably guess who picked it out because the baggy shirt read 5 Seconds Of Summer across it. The jeans were black skinny jeans, basically something that looks like it was pulled out of Luke's closet. I sighed and got ready for the worst. When I looked up at the mirror it was worse then I expected. My eyeliner was covering my face, evident that I had been crying. My hair was a jungle, it looked like I had been living with monkeys.

Thank god Courtney had brought me a brush. I might have shoved a paper bag over my head otherwise. I picked up the brush and started tugging at my hair. The knots came out quicker then I expected. Still it took almost 10 minutes of pulling. I lightly set the brush back into a bag and started to get dressed. I put on my undergarments and shrugged into the large shirt. Then I put the pants on, which may I add are way too long for my legs. I just ended up rolling the rest up to my ankles.

After I was done getting ready I swiftly tugged on my converse that were near the door. It just turned 1:30 and they are going to get back soon, hopefully. There was nothing exciting to do, the nurse was acting bitchy and the whole mood here was sad.

When I looked around for anything to do, I realized the door to my room was wide open. This was it, time to actually do something after a few weeks. I slowly walked over to the door and checked to make sure the bitchy nurse wouldn't see me. After it was clear I walked out.

The hospital hallway was bright white which hurt my eyes. I hadn't seen daylight in a while either, this sucks. When I passed hotel rooms I could hear people crying and some laughing. As I continued walking something caught my eye. There was a boy, about 6 or 7 watching tv. Not to intrude, but I walked inside his room. He was just the cutest thing, I swear. When I walked in, his eyes followed me, alerted.

"I'm sorry for intruding, I just thought you were the cutest thing I've ever seen." I told him. His cheeks went red and he looked down.

"I'm Scarlett." I said as I put my hand out for him to shake. He lightly took it, his hands were freezing.

"Jonah." He whispered and met my eyes.

"What a handsome name for such a handsome young boy." I said with a smile and he grinned.

"You're pretty." He whispered and looked down again.

"Aww that's really sweet...Thank you. Jonah? Do you think we could be friends?" I asked him. His grin went wide and my heart almost melted. He shook his head up and down quickly. I walked over to the chair next to him. He was watching sponge bob.

"You like spongebob?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"Do you?" He questioned me and tilted his head.

"Of course! SpongeBob is the best show ever!" I told him. He giggled and kept watching. We ended up just talking and watching tv. He was the sweetest kid I'd ever talked to.

-1 hour later-

Jonah and I were watching tv when a different nurse came in. She saw us and smiled.

"Who is this Jonah?" She asked.

"My friend, Scarry." He responded with a wide smile. She nodded and looked at me.

"I'm sorry Jonah, your friend has to leave now." She said. He looked up at me and frowned.

"Sorry Scarry... Please come back..." He said with pleading eyes. He thought I wouldn't come back?

"Of course!" I told him and leaned down. He gave me a quick hug then waved.

"Bye Scarry." He shouted before I exited.

"Bye Jonah!" I shouted back. Absolutely adorable. I headed back to my room, making sure I took my time. When I did, everyone except Ashton was there, casually lounging around.

"We were looking for you!" Courtney said as she sat up.

"We can finally leave!" Calum squealed.

"Where's Ashton?" I asked as they all got up.

"Did you guys find he-." Ashton said before he looked at me.

"Speak of the devil." I muttered. All the guys including Courtney started laughing.

"Sorry for worrying you." I said and avoided his gaze. He smiled and walked up to me.

"I just kinda wanted to ask you something." He whispered. Apparently everyone heard because they smirked and looked at Ashton. They knew what was coming next, except I had no clue.

"Yeah?"

"I don't want to rush anything and I know everything that just happened is kind of crazy. But... Would you consider going on a date with me?"