Chapter 42

For some reason this won't upload for the last chapter? So I guess I'm just going to upload it here♡

--

"How about paintball!?" Courtney yelled from across the kitchen.

"Why paintball?"

"Think about it. If we get squad together and all go, I can hit all of my enemies straight in the balls with a paintball gun!" She smiled wide going deep in thought.

"Paintball it is." Ashton smiled, which made me smile in response.

"So when are we leaving for Toky- I mean paintball?" Zach came in from the living room. He really is weird. I shook my head, but felt the tension in the room grow agajn. Ignoring it, I started pushing Courtney towards the stairs. She smelled awful, and that was new because she owned almost every perfume brand out there.

"I'll call Michael quickly then get in the shower. Ok?" She left before I could say anyhing. This girl..

--

"PAINTBALLING! I'm going to wreck you all!" Michael yelled from the back of the van. It was extremely crowded back there. Ashton was driving in the front, with Calum next to him. He almost insisted sitting in the passenger seat.

Lucky for me, I got to sit next to the window, in the back, next to Zach. Yes, very lucky. In front of me sat Courtney and Michael, and next to Zach in the back (that rhymes heh) was Luke. I would've sat next to Courtney but she hates small spaces and wanted to sit next to Michael. Also Luke and I aren't on very good terms, which I'm going to fix today.

Next to me I could smell the faint smell of strawberries. I laughed silently remembering how Zach had to use my shampoo and conditioner this morning giving him a feminine smell.

"Psst.. bitch." I ignored him. Zach was always in the mood to joke around.

"Psst.. bitcherina." He whispered again this time poking my shoulder.

"Psst.. bitchach-"

"What?!" I snapped at him. When I turned around to face him, his face was centimeters away.

"How do you make pancakes?" Then he smiles and ruffled my hair up. He's a waste of air. A waste of a human being.

"Get a life." I said while pushing his hand away. How much longer till we get there?

--

Pretty much for the rest of the car ride Zach and Luke talked, Courtney and Michael flirted, and Calum and Ashton sang in the front. Occasionally Ashton and I would make eye contact.

"We're here!" Ashton yelled from the front. Everyone took off their seat belts and started heading towards the paintball building. Right as Zach started getting out I realized it was just me and Luke.

"So do you want to be on-" Before I finished Luke got out. He ignored me. He completely ignored me.

I got out after him to see Ashton waiting for me. I won't let it bother. We're here to have a fun time.

--

The inside of the building was pretty cool. There was arcade machines everywhere, and I can already imagine everyone will be swarming them after our match. It was a huge building, I'm sure most of the room was for the paintballing. Ashton went up to get us set up, and came back quickly with a piece of paper.

"We need to chose teams. Now I know the best player is Michael by far, and we have an uneven number so whoever is on Michael's team will have 3 people. Whoever is on my team will have 4. How about a bet also? Losers have to buy the winners dinner" Everyone nodded as he spoke.