Chapter 25

Scarlett's P.O.V

What felt like years passed. As in years, I mean weeks. I stayed in the same spot, waiting for the voice to come back. I've heard it only 2 times since being in this twisted hell. It's not like I'm ever entertained here. No sign of change either, it's still cold and dark. There have been other voices I've heard too. They've sang familiar songs to me, I can't put it exactly into words. Every time I hear their voices, my heart beats a little faster. I feel so close to them but so far...

Luke's P.O.V

As the days turned into weeks, the doctors said they saw improvement in Scar. Her scars were healing, but the doctors said she still wasn't responsive. They've tried many times to wake her up but all have failed. They even told me that things were probably worse for her. Everyone is being antisocial and moping. If you asked me, I would think Scarlett would want everyone to be happy. Ashton won't even stay at his own house. Usually we let him stay in our basement.

For the past 3 weeks of our break, we've been in the hospital. Sometimes Michael and I would bring our guitars and play near her bed. The doctors would always complain or tell us to stop. I think it might help her, wherever she is. The worst thing was, we have a gig in 2 weeks and we're supposed to write two new songs in that amount of time. So that's what we've been doing in the waiting rooms and such.

When it's time to leave we all go out for pizza. Ashton heads back to my house before we can invite him. There we sit and talk about random things that are on our minds. It's boring honestly... Calum doesn't talk much. Then Michael helps Courtney in any way he can. She's not as sad when he's around. When we got our pizza I thought I might bring up something that might benefit the situation.

"I know this is a hard situation, but I don't think Scarlett would want us to be sad. She would want us to be happy and enjoy each other. Neither of that is happening. The fam is even seeing it too..." I told the 3 and started eating. They looked around at each other not saying a word.

"How can we be happy if we don't even know she'll come back to us..." Calum whispered before eating too.

"We just have to have hope." I said to him and smiled. It took him a moment but he smiled too. It was nothing big but it made me feel happy. We continued eating in silence until my phone went off. The caller ID said Ashton and I picked it up expecting it to be him asking for me to get him something. Why didn't he text me instead? I hate talking on the phone.

"Luke something's came up I need you guys at the hospital immediately." He said quickly before hanging up.

Ashton's P.O.V

(Taking it back about 30 minutes.)

The boys left a few minutes ago. They thought I left 20 minutes ago but I stayed back. What I needed to do was private. A week ago our manager ordered us to write a song. He told Mike, Cal and Luke to write 2 between them. What they didn't know was I was supposed to write a love song. He gave it to me knowing my situation and told me I could do it.

I wrote the song about Scarlett. I want her to be the first to hear it... So I snuck back into her room and into the chair next to the bed. She looked so beautiful... Like an angel frozen in time. I wish she would fly back to me.

"If you can hear me Scarlett, I want you to know I wrote this song for you. I love you unconditionally." I stated before starting the song.

(This song is called Heart Like Yours. It might be familiar if you've seen If I Stay)

Breathe Deep, Breathe Clear

know that I'm here, know that I'm here

waiting

Stay strong, stay gold

you don't have to fear, you don't have to fear

waiting

I, see you soon, I'll see you soon

How could a heart like yours

ever love a heart like mine

how could I live before

How could I have been so blind

You opened up my eyes

You opened up my eyes)Sleep sound, sleep tight

Here in my mind, here in my mind

waiting

Come close my dear

you don't have to fear, you don't have to fear

waiting

I, see you soon, I'll see you soon

How could a heart like yours

ever love a heart like mine

how could I live before

How could I have been so blind

You opened up my eyes

Sleep sound, sleep tight

Here in my mind, here in my mind

waiting

Come close my dear

you don't have to fear, you don't have to fear

waiting

I, see you soon, I'll see you soon

How could a heart like yours

ever love a heart like mine

how could I live before

How could I have been so blind

You opened up my eyes

Holdfast hope

all your love is all I've ever known

Hold fast hope

all your love is all I've ever known

How could a heart like yours

ever love a heart like mine

how could I live before

How could I have been so blind

You opened up my eyes

I sang the last lyric before opening her hand so her palm was faced up. I lightly put my fingers through her cold ones.

Scarlett's P.O.V

Tears slowly fell from my eyes as the angel sang. I wish the song didn't end as quickly as it did. He had made it for me... He loved me. I remember him, Ashton Irwin. The person who helped me through almost everything. Even before I knew him as friends. My right hand suddenly started to glow. When I looked down at it I yelled in surprise. Someone's hand was directly on mine. Another faint glow and I could see Ashton all in one. I smiled, surprised to see someone in weeks. Then I lightly intertwined my fingers with his.

Ashton's P.O.V

The tears wouldn't stop. Why did things have to be so damn difficult? I almost got up but before I could, something moved. I looked down and found Scarlett's fingers slowly going into mine. My heart started to race. Her fingers moved into mine perfectly. I was about to scream in joy and call in a nurse to tell her she was wrong. A small voice stopped me in my tracks.

"I love you, Ashton."