♡Tate~Neighbors♡

Word Count: 978
Multiple POVs-

Your POV-

I walk up the stairs of my new neighbor, Tate Langdon's, house. The inside of the house is so pretty and unique. I've never seen anything like it. I much rather would've moved in here then our house.

"Is the house Victorian?" I ask Tate ask I as I take my last step up the stairs.

"I don't know." Tate shrugs. "All I know is this house has been around for a long time. Since the '20s or something." 

"Oh... okay." I mutter. I don't know what to say. I've known this guy for five minutes. I thought I would knock on the door, I would introduce myself, he would introduce himself, and we would call it a day... apparently that's not happening though. He insisted on inviting me inside.

Not that I'm complaining though. I mean... the guy is cute and all, but this is kinda awkward. I follow Tate down the upstairs hallway. He stops at a door in the middle of the hallway and opens it. He steps inside, then grabs my hand and pulls me in.

"This is my room." He says and sits on the floor. He grabs a deck of cards. "Do you know how to play any card games?" He asks. For a few seconds I don't respond to his question. My mind thinks about different cards games, and my eyes scan his room. My eyes continue to wander, until they stop on Tate, who is still waiting for me to answer.

"The only card game I know is War and I haven't played that since I was 10." I tell him and put my arm around on the back of my neck.

"Really?" He asks and smiles. "What does your family ever do together?"

"Well, I'm home-schooled, so I'm usually doing school work, and when I'm not doing schoolwork, I'm usually baking, painting, or doing piano lessons." I say sitting down across from him. I run my fingers through my hair. Tate makes a face.

"You sure do a lot." He tells me shuffling the cards. I nod.

"So... you play cards with your family?" I ask him, taking my hands out of my hair and putting them in my lap. I look at my hands for a moment before lifting my head up again and seeing Tate shake his head no.

"I play with my sister. She's really good at playing cards. We taught ourselves, our mom never wanted to play cards." He says passing the cards out. "She's kinda a bitch."

"I could say the same thing about my dad. He pretty much uses my mom for her cleaning and cooking." I say, raising my eyebrows. "I love my mother though."

"I'm so sorry... If you love someone, you should never do that." Tate pauses for a second. "I hate both of my parents. My mom sucks, and my dad left when I was really young. Now my mom's dating some other crappy guy." Tate puts the rest of the cards down onto the floor. I pick up my cards and the two of us begin playing the game.

"You know, I didn't really wanna come over here today, but I think it's good that I did. You're really cool Tate." A smile appears on my face.

"Well... you're cool too." He says also smiling. The two of us begin laughing for no reason. He quickly stands up and walks over to his side table. He picks up an Ipod. "What kind of music do you like?" He asks.

"Well, I usually have to listen to classical music because of piano, but other than that I really like the Beatles or the band Nirvana." The smile of Tate's face grows even wider. He looks at me a for a second before responding to my answer.

"Nirvana is my absolute favorite band in the entire world!" He shouts. "My favorite song is 'Smells Like Teen Spirit.' I know every word by heart." Tate hands me the Ipod. "But you can play whichever song you wanna listen to." I look down at the Ipod siting in my hands. I begin scrolling through the Nirvana songs until I find my favorite. Then I begin playing it. The first few chords sound like most songs, but then I quickly realize Tate knows what song it is.

"'Come As You Are' is also one of my favorites." He says. I set the Ipod down in the middle of us. 

Tate's POV-

I listen to the song, but try to stay focused on the game of War. I can't though. Halfway through the game, I set down my cards.

"Is there anyway you might wanna stop playing and just listen to music, or maybe we could head down to the public school's library." She makes a face. "The school's library is open on weekends."

"Oh, yeah sure." She smiles again and sets down her cards. Her beauty is hard to explain. Everything about her is just perfect.

"Are you okay with walking over?" I ask her and stand up. "I don't drive."

"Yeah, I don't care." She says. I walk over to her and pull her up off the ground. "I've just gotta run over and tell my mom." I begin nodding as the two us walk out of my room and make our way down the stairs.

"Mom! I'm heading out!" I shout and run out the door with (Y/N). The two of us quickly run out of the house and over to her yard. She stops me at the entrance.

"I'll be right back." She says and runs over to her mother. I can see them talking and she points to me. Her mother nods and (Y/N) comes running back over to me with a big grin on her face. "Come on."