◇Chapter 52

"FUCK. YOU. AND. YOUR. EGO!" I was seething as I dropped the heavy 18 inch wrench. Blood dripped from it as i dropped it onto the concrete next to his body.

There was a line up on the dock, four guys, snitches, for someone else obviously. They can't be out to get me on their own, they have no motive, no reason. 

One dead, three to go, I grip the next one by the collar and I take a gun off the guard next to me.

I hold it up to the boys head as I face the other two.
"Now, tell me who put you up to this, and you'll get to live," I say undoing the safety. I hold he glock to his head as he saod nothing but this time the scilence was starting to piss me off.

"ANSWER ME DAMMIT!" I get frustrated and pull the trigger sending blood spatter shooting behind him all ober his comrades. I drop the body and grab the next one, this one is crying. Just fucking great.
He's the kid. Parker Dunmn, 15 and 11 months old. Father missing, mother, dead as of last night. Dramatic drop in wealth caused for a depressive decline. Homeless for three months before he started working for me and his mother worked for at a local coffee shop, they rent an apartment near the docks until she had to stop working.

"Tell me," I demand looking him in the eyes and as soon as his eyes dropped i knew I won this round. He was obviously native, and hopeful, and I'm going to be honest and say that's what saved him. I had no intention of taking his life but he didn't know that.
He deflated in my grasp and spilled his guts,"his tag said Burns and there was some other guy, I didn't know, I swear, he said he could get my mom in a Hospice Center and I just did what he told me to do, I didn't know." He cried harder as I dropped him.

I looked past the boy and shot the last man standing, he's too old to be manipulated and as far as I'm care to think about it, everyone took a cash bribe of a grand or two, he didn't he took that offer to get his mom into a Hospice Center. It gobsmacked me when I found out in the car.

"Did he get your mom into the Hospice?" I asked giving the guard back his weapon.

He nods a bit, "i-I just wanted her to be comfortable."

"How old are you?" I frown waving for him to follow me.
He does, tripping to keep up.

"Fifteen, my birthday is next moth, on the Thirteenth," he huffed trying keep up with me as I made it back to my car.

Once the doors are closed and locked, I take a really good look at him. He was brown and smooth, his hair was nicely cut and his clothes were normal for the area but the way he wore them boasted a different upbringing. His tee-shirt was tucked his belt was done tightly and his shoes were clean and tightly laced. His pants fit and his sweater was just right.

"You're not from around here are you?" I ask looking at him them dien at my phone assessing the damage that's been dine to my baby. My reports were delivered as promised and that gad a fair amount of my attention. There are very few things that have come to be more important than Trixie. And the things that are mandatory have very very little of my patience, like this situation.

"I'm not, no,"

"You should be in school, why aren't you?"

I saw for a second that he opened his mouth and then closed it again.

"Well?" I asked as I looked closer at the reports. Trixie wasn't doing well at all, it says she cried for me throughout the examination. Of course they didn't know why 'Monty' was.

"I-They--I used to go to school where we lived, but we couldn't afford it anymore, we couldn't afford anything anymore," he dropped his head and his voice got quieter, "when we moved here, they just beat me up every day, it just wasn't worth it."