◇ Chapter 47

Telmont's P.O.V.

I opened the door after hearing the doorbell ring a few times and then knocking in the most annoying tune. I roll my eyes and put down my pen. Interrupting my work is a way to blow my whole day. I'm on a schedule shit needs to get done and that can't happen if random Fuckers show up at my door.

I slide my pen in my chest pocket and open the door, meeting a man– boy. He wasn't nearly as tall as me and his hair was a bright blonde, but what really tipped me off as to who he was, were his eyes. Those icy grey eyes. Trixie's.

"Troy?"

He nodded quickly with an incredible amount of joy and smiled pushing his hand out at me, Instinct told me to dodge it but i warded away the impulse and shook his thin hand firmly.

Cheerines must be in their DNA.

"You must be," he paused and tilted his head the same way Trix does.

I chuckled and helped him out, "the boyfriend."

He seemed shocked to figure out such a thing. So much hus face went white and his mouth fell open i was tempted to laugh but i could tell Trixie hadn't told him much about her life.

Not to mention he's a kid, at this moment right now the only question I can think of as I invite him into the Penthouse is, "How did you get here?"

He strolled in cautiously looking around with big eyes and finally reddening cheeks.

He watched the chandelier and spun around with his head held back a bit, and if I didn't know Trixie, I wouldn't have known that he was examining the sparkles that bounced off of the crystal.

"I hopped a train," he said following the line crystal on the ceiling to the living area. I walked into the kitchen to grab my cup of coffee and one of Trixies Juice boxes, then it hit me what he said.

"Hopped?" I asked as I walked back where he left a trail of his things. Jacket, plastic water bottle, sandle, backpack, sandle, and it all finally ened at the couch where he sat down staring at Noodles.

"Yeah, I just got on," he said shrugged his shoulders. I tossed the juice in his lap as I sat down across from him watching him just be, I don't know Trixie's brother?

"Thats stealing," I declare watching his reaction.

He shrugged again and stabs the juice box and starts to sip from it, "from who?"

"The state,"

"So?"

"Stealing from the state raises taxes and higher taxes makes it hard for normal people to love comfortable lives. High taxes not only means the cost of living goes up, but in turn forces me to lower my company prices to keep my customers and clients happy and more importantly returning."

I sipped my coffee and started in on my paper work again, before I realized he was just watching me, "Trixie's at work, she'll be back in a few hours or so, you can shower if you like, and after that you can eat some food and watch some TV."

It looked like he'd been gone from home for too long.

"Shower," he said lowly as he squeeze the box empty.

I nodded and pointed to the guest room, there were a few clothes and things in there, "First, tell me something."

He waited.

"The fire."

His face went blank for a moment and he sat down again, I could see him physically give up as he huffed.

"Fine, the house caught fire, we all were okay. Peter and my mom caused it, they was high off their asses, smoking next to the window. The curtains caught it first then the ceiling. At least thats how the cops explained it when they left us in Denver with a foster family.
"Trixie wasn't coping well anyway Peter he used to– yeah. Anyway she made this whole thing up, nobody knows where mom and Peter went after the fire. My guess is that they're somewhere dead, or high as fuck."

"Peter."

"Is fucked up, and I hope he's dead,"

I nodded and pointed to the door behind me so he could go, at least he said something about it. I can't get a word out of Trixie which is totally understandable.

"She'll be happy you came."

He smiled and left to the room closing the door.

Now to find them.