♧Chapter 65

Telmont

I could barely think enough to sift through the paperwork. It's come to that time of day again. The sun was falling, and the Rosie was sitting on the couch she'd claimed as hers. She comes here to do homework when she doesn't want to be in the dorms. We spend more time together than people think. Lunchs, breakfasts, snacks, the staff basically know her, they know when I want a coffee, she probably does too.

"So, you've been dancing around the question, Telmont, you know I don't like that," she spoke softly as she sipped her coffee.

I looked up from the papers as Pink shifted in my lap. She was still napping.

My eyes danced over her red hair. I happened to like it a lot. she'd taken her piercings out a whole ago, and Trixie did not like that at all. She asks about them every so often.

"You drink too much coffee," I sighed the last set of papers. It's the go-ahead on a new project in Morocco. That should fetch us some hefty profit.

"There you go again."

I sigh, putting the pen down. "Burns has eyes on us; they've been following us for the past two months, and if they try to do another lazy ass bust, I don't want her working at a brothel. They didn't know about her then, but they do now. They'll come after her, you, Parker, Greg, anyone to take us down."

She nodded, taking another drag of the caffeine. "When were you going to tell her that?"

"Never," I start to stack to papers.

"What, you can't keep her in the dark Monty. Everyone knows what's going on, and she doesn't, how to think that makes her feel?" She slammed the bottom of her cup onto the coffee table before she stood up. Her heels clacked on the marble flooring before she stopped in front of my desk. Her dark eyes looked down at us, and it was then I noticed the red cast over her cheeks, crossing her nose.

Her lupus is flaring up, "No more Machiottos, or Flat Whites, if you want espresso, you can only have Ameircano's. What did you eat today?"

"Monty, you can't tell me what to do, especially when you ignore me quiestions," she smirked at me with that hellish grin before she reached over and ran her fingers through Trixie's pig tail.

"You're having a flair up; you'll make yourself sicker," I sat up, straighter clenching my jaw a bit.

"It doesn't matter; you can't tell me what to do. I'm not your little, I'm not your staff, and I'm not your kid; you can't tell me what I can and can't eat," she leaved over the desk getting closer to my face. Her lips just barely touched mine before she pulled away.

"Rosie," I called out to her as she strutted back to her drink. It was supposed to be a warning, I think, but what's a warning that's not reaching?

"Besides, I guess I'll listen to you when you start listening to me," she shrugged sitting again, this time crossing her legs in that God forsaken pencil skirt. I've never met someone who consistently makes me want to pull my hair and fuck all at the same time.

Rosie is a she devil. Only to me, though. I haven't decided if that's a good thing or not.

"Fine, she can't know, it helped her the last time when I got arrested, and it'll help her next time I get arrested."

"Next time?"

"Oh baby, there is always a next time,"

"I can't trust her to lie when she needs to, nor can I completely trust her judgment. The less she thinks she knows, the less she'll speak, the less time they'll spend on her.
"Parker is a minor his freedom is garenteed, he plays no vital parts. Your freedom is garenteed you're an outsider, you don't live with me and as far you know, you've been to my job multiple times and you've never seen anything out of the ordinary."