◇Chapter 11.2

Trixie

"TELMONT!" I yelled again and suddenly it felt like everything was moving in slow motion when she whipped around to look at me.

My heart skipped a beat, and my brain must have hit a hiccup because I couldn't think of anything to say to her. I couldn't think of anything that would make her stop and stay.

"Who did that to you?" She asked again with a serious tone that made the lies disappear from my tongue where I laid them. All I could do was drown in the intense aura and feel the undertones care flow from beneath her anger.

"G-Glori-"

"DON'T FUCKING TELL ME THAT GLORIA IS TAKING CARE OF IT, SHE'S NOT AND I'M FINISHED WITH HER SHIT!" She yelled before she turned in the door and headed down the stairs in at a speed I couldn't calculate but my legs took me without warning. Suddenly I was chasing after into the car. Once we were shut in, the angry silence amplified when she pushed to start her engine and the luxary vehicle cane to life.

"Get out." She seethed through her teeth.

My heart dropped in the moment and I didn't want to leave.

"Monty-,"

"Trixie, get out, go back upstairs, I'll see you in an few hours,"

"What are you going to do?"

"Cool off,"

I opened my mouth but she got to it before I did.

"Now, Trixie." She pointed to the door and I nodded slowly, afraid of voice now more than ever. I took a deep breath to hold back the tears that were burning my eyes again. They kept fighting to get free, to flow like the ocean away from me.

I stepped put of the car then closed the door as she revved her car up, and pulled off at a dangerous speed. The tires against the concret screamed as the roaring got quieter and quieter. I watched the black vessel display and I looked down at myself.

Small shorts, big white tee, and long white socks that were now blackened by the ground. I dint know how long I stood there but once clacking of boots sounded behind me, I knew it had been too long.

I tuned to be met with a guy I cam to know as Maxwell. His arms were huge, and his body was built well, though his shirt was a bit tight he wore it well.
I knew he came for me, he never leaves the Penthouse.

He stopped before me and he pushed out his hand but I was too in my head to realize he wanted to shake mine.
"Hi, I'm Maxwell, the boss says to take you up, and make sure you eat. Says she'll be back before noon," his voice was deep like  impending doom but hit tone was kind like flowers. His intended hand shake only turned into him guiding me by the arm towards the building.

Only a few steps in and I don't  know if it was his hands on me or the wind blowing just right at the moment, but I kind of just broke apart at that point.

I didn't care about last night, I didn't care about Gloria, I didn't even care that I ran out on my pay day.

All I cared about was Telmont. She's mad at me, I lied, she's pissed. She wants to be lone, but alone is away from me.

I gave up and let myself cry right there in front of the big man, I knew he would stare and probably make fun of me, but I didn't expect him to lift me up. His arms hooked behind my knees and swept me off my feet and he started to walk while I cried trying my best to hide my face in his hard chest.

The world around me seemed to blur into nothingness the father we went into the building. Echos of slamming doors behind us and booted footsteps that bounced off the walls faded to background noise as I drove myself deeper and deeper into numbness.