◇Chapter 49

The time had passed quickly as Trixie napped and Telmont weeded through her work. Things were starting to get bit dark in her city as the waters clouded with police and dogs. Nothing had been found, but Telmont was alway the number one for a few detectives who were loyal to the game.

Troy on the other had had been tire of pacing the guest room he'd thought over and over about coming to Seattle, but he had no where else to go. They found him, they warmed him and they threw him out.

He didn't know what was wrong but he knew Peter was mad, wherever he was, he was pissed off.

Suddenly the door opened and in came Trixie, she was focused, then she shocked then she was mad. Troy could see Telmont passing through the living area with a phone in hand as she waved, as the door slammed shut.

"Hey, Bubblegum-"

"DON'T BUBBLEGUM ME, WHAT WENT WRONG!" she shoved her brother down into the bed. Seeing him, there in the penthouse meant only one thing, Denver wasn't safe anymore.

Trixie quickly fell out of her comfortable space and into a mode of primal protection. A blanket of fear dropped over her as she watched her brother squirm. She needed to know why he came, what put him out of Denver.

"Why did you leave?"

Troy watched his older sister as she started to become agitated and nearly unhinged.

"I— Peter-"

Trixies unhindered mind made the jump almost instantaneously, "-Is dead."

That was the default answer when his name came up, but Troy had finally had enough, the delusion that she was living in was partly sad, but it never mattered that he tell her the truth, it didn't matter if Peter was dead or alive until now.

"No, Trixie, he is alive, you know that, Deep down you know that!" He stood up and face her, they were scarily close, literally toe to toe. The intensity in the room went from zero to ten at an unbelievable speed. It shook Trixie she was happy to see her brother, she was, but the agreed was simple she comes to him to visit, he comes to her when things go down.

Peter is back, and Troy is there, so things must be going down really fast, really hard.

"He thinks I want something from him, he thinks we're looking for him," Troy dropped back down the bed. He couldn't get out her fast enough it felt like, it took him two days and few stolen meals but he was no stranger to quiet traveling. Evading cameras, hopping trains, and swiping food wasn't above him, morals don't matter when your life depends on it, and he really thought his life depended on it.

Trixie had taken a seat next to him in the bed and she leaned against him, he was skinny and tiny bit taller than him, and she would kill to protect him, she wanted to belive she did. But maybe she just wanted to kill to protect herself.

Her peace had been rattled.

"He– he thinks we're looking for him?" She looked at brother and the closed her eyes once he nodded to confirm.

"And he came to you?" She asked, her head had began to pound almost inevitably from the sudden rush of stress.

"No, he sent a guy to the house, um he said that Peter would burn it down and he said this time Peter would make sure no one got out."

Trixie's heart dropped, a bit  and she looked up at him quickly, "did you sue the grid map I gave you for emergencies?"

The map was a essentially a rail line map where there were no checkpoints or surveillance. It was perfect for disappearing, she'd done it enough while in foster care. At first she took Troy with her, she wouldn't have dared leave him with strangers, all they wanted was a check and they got it, until they're were reported missing after the first two weeks of staying.

"Yeah, it's in my backpack, I turned my phone off too,"

"What did you tell-"

"That I'm meeting you in Texas at your new apartment–,"

Suddenly the door was pushed open and Telmont walked in and leaned against the door as she watched the two stare at her like a deer in headlights.

"We have to go, both of you," she gestured to the door and turned away. Trixie instantly followed with Troy behind.

"What, why?"

And it was lime it happened faster than anyone could do anything. The banging in the door.

Telmont whipped around faster than ever towards the key bad on the key pad on the wall.

she tapped the screen three times, and the became louder and louder as she yelled at the box, "CHARLIE, CHARLIE, CHARLIE!"

Trixie was behind Telmont and Troy was behind Trixie as they watched the whole thing go down. No one asked questions things were moving too fast to catch on to anything.

Suddenly the computer spoke ina robotic female voice, "incripting all storage, formatting all connected devices, initiating self corruption."

Suddenly the lights shut off and eveything went black, the automatic locks bolted and ceased themselves, the elevator doors fell open and the system shutdown. Telmont turned to Trixie and kissed her softly before breaking the kiss.

The door was splintering and starting break as the beating became banging like hell.

Trixie opened her mouth as tears started to fall, but Telmont held he finger up to her lips.

"If they ask, you don't know anything, and remember this, you had spaghetti for dinner," she made eye contact with both of them until they nodded and just as the door burst forth spraying wood shards into the air she separated herself as officers in black uniforms, vests, and helmets. Their guns were drawn and they came in screaming with flashlights.

Telmont held her hands up calmly as they started to search her, "Sugar Telmont,  youare under arrest for extortion, Labor Racketeering, 4 counts of second degree murder, Drug Trafficking, Drug Manufacturing, and Drug possession, anything you say do, can and will be used against you in the court of law, you have the right to an attorney if you can not afford one, one will be provided to you by the state of Washington, do you understand these rights as I have read them to you?"

Telmont nodded and just as they started to walk her out in the handcuffs, Trixie jumped but was quickly caught and restrained in the arms of an officer.

She starred to struggle and cry of 'Monty', as she was lead away.

She too was carried out to a separate unmarked vehicle in cable tie restraints. She and her brother we assumed to be witnesses, or victims. The commanding officer understood that Telmont works alone and the idea was solidified when the girl started cry dramatically. He ordered her to be seen by a med team and as he looked around the apartment, it was different from. The last time, it was fuller, more normal clutter rather than empty art and bear couches and tables.

He grabbed a blanket from the couch and read the name quickly, "Trixie". Then there was another blanket, this one was pink and had had cartoon character on it. His eyebrows fell when he saw the pacifier dangling from it, this one read, "Pink."

He swiped it up as he watched his team search for more evidence they had against Telmont. He left quickly to the station to question his new favorite person. He didnt know how but he hoped it would give him some leverage. Now that Telmont has something lose.