Chapter 15 Preparation Date

Ana walked into the university's lab and found Hikari at his usual table. "Onii-san."

He looked up and his face lit up when he saw her, but it fell when he saw Seto behind her. Grumbling, he got up and walked over to them.

"What's this about. I thought he was only coming on Mondays and the weekends. I sent the progress report already. We're on track—"

"I need your help." Ana interrupted him.

Hikari looked at her then back to Seto then back at her. The color drained from his face. "Oh, no. Please tell me you're not pregnant—"

Ana kicked his shin, Hikari let out a yelp and bounced on one leg while rubbing it. "I'm not pregnant. We haven't even held hands."

His eyes lit up. "You haven't? Really, I figured this thing would have done something considering the comment he made about your legs."

"That's—Wait, what comment?" Ana turned to Seto, feeling annoyed. "What did you say about my legs?"

Seto shrugged. "You told me to act shallow. All I said was that you had nice legs, if I remember correctly."

"Oh, well, that's true." Ana turned back to her brother and found him looking at them confused.

He asked, "What do you mean act—I knew it! You've been playing me all along. Both of you. That's it. I'm canceling the project."

Hikari turned and stormed over to his computer, steam practically emitting from his ears. I figured as much; he doesn't know yet, does he?

"Grandpa has picked out my fiancé and plans on having me meet him this weekend!" Ana shouted and Hikari froze. He turned to her his eyes wide filled with confusion.

"What? What do you mean? I didn't hear about this. When did this happen?" Hikari walked back over to her.

"You've been busy and spending the last few nights here. He decided yesterday." Ana held back the tears, Seto remained quiet while they talked. "Please, Onii-san, will you listen to me?"

Hikari looked troubled, but finally nodded and sighed. "I'm listening."

Ana explained the best she could. She had to admit about the blackmail, which pissed him off, but he kept quiet while she explained the rest of the plan. She told him everything minus what would happen if Seto didn't complete the project.

"Ok, firstly what does he get out of this?" Hikari looked at Seto distrustfully.

"I can't tell you that," she admitted.

Hikari's eyes flashed angrily. "Then why should I trust him?"

"You don't have to trust him, but can you at least trust me?"

"After you tricked me?" He huffed.

Ana growled. "I only tricked you because you were being petty and wouldn't listen. Both you and grandpa have that in common."

The comment must have stung deep because his eyes turned to the floor and his bottom lip pulled in. She sighed and regretted saying it.

"I'm sorry, but please, will you help me? I don't want to marry some stranger. I want to be a teacher," she pleaded. Hikari didn't seem the least bit surprised by her statement. He sighed, but nodded. Squealing, she hugged him. "Great, now... we just have to do something about Amin-chan."