Chapter 55: A Competent Assistant

Seto watched Ana out of the corner of his eye as they walked around the park. Is it too late to change my mind about the PDA? Ana stopped when a loud rumble came from her stomach. Seto laughed at her and she glared at him.

"I guess it is past lunchtime." Seto pointed over to a food stand. "What do you want to eat?"

Ana blushed but walked over to the stand and ordered a hotdog. Seto ordered a burger. The guy at the stand tried to give it to them for free, but Seto ignored him and paid for it.

"B-but." The guy looked nervous.

"Not paying would throw off the balance for the food orders and profits. So shut up and take the money." Seto glared at the man who cowered but took the money.

They walked away and found a seat to eat at. Ana was giving him a weird look.

"What?" He finally asked.

She shrugged, then smiled at him teasingly. "Well... Shut up and take my money is pretty funny sounding coming from you."

Seto glared at her and focused on his burger. It didn't take them long to finish. He noticed an ice cream stand. "Want dessert?"

"Yes!" Ana said, a lot more enthusiastically than he expected.

"You really do like anything sweet, don't you?" He rolled his eyes.

Ana blinked a few times and looked surprised. "When did I tell you that?"

"On that weird date, not date, when we went to the karaoke place before I met with your family for the first time." Seto reminded her.

"Oh, yeah." She seemed to recall what he was talking about. "And you hate Oden."

Seto sighed. "That's what you remember?"

"You like white," Ana said as she got up and headed for the Ice cream vender. Seto followed. When they got there, Ana ordered a double scoop of chocolate. Seto didn't order anything. It took him forcing money onto the vender again to get them to accept. Ana worked on her ice cream happily. She kept peeking up at him, though. Finally, she asked, "Do you remember mine?"

"Yellow." He growled. "Like that handkerchief."

"You're not getting that back," Ana said flatly. She looked at her ice cream and then up at him. "Want a bite?"

He about said no until he saw the excited look on her face. He shrugged, then bent down and took a small bite out of her ice cream. When he bent back up, he noticed her blushing. What the heck? What's up with that reaction? All I did was take a bite of her ice cream.

An announcement played over the intercom. "There you have it, folks. In an amazing upset, Kaiba Mokuba has beaten Joey Wheeler! The last match will be Kaiba Mokuba versus Muto Yugi!"

"Oh, your brother won." Ana sounded surprised.

Seto just smirked. "Of course he did. He had my deck. If he'd lost to Wheeler using my deck, I would have grounded him."

"What if he beats Muto-san?" Ana asked while smiling at him evilly.

Seto paused. "Then I've highly underestimated my little brother. It won't happen though."

The smile faded from her face. "Aren't you going to go back for the last match?"

"I already pulled one over on them as it is. If I did that, then other people would start complaining that they get to use substitutes for a duel they don't want to do."

"They aren't going to complain already?"

Seto shrugged. "Oh, no. They're going to complain. I just don't give a frick'."