Chapter 40: Corporate Prince

Thud! Seto looked up from his work and found Ana's forehead flat against his coffee table. He glanced over at the clock. I guess ninety minutes is about her limit.

"Amin-chan, I want ice-cream." Ana grumbled from the table.

"Ok, ok. Let's go get some." He conceded.

Ana jumped up looking alive again and headed for his apartment door. He rolled his eyes, grabbed his wallet, and followed her out. It had been about two weeks since they'd started dating. Telling her family had gone over a lot different than he'd thought. In fact, hardly anything happened to where he'd been annoyed at it having been too easy. Dai came out from his dojo and when Seto declared they were dating the old man just said, "Alright then, don't hurt her or I'll kill you." After that the old man promptly went back to his dojo, leaving a slightly annoyed Seto and very confused Ana alone with her parents. Her parents said nothing in particular either other than congrats and be kind to our daughter. He'd been disappointed by their reaction since he'd prepared an entire speech in his head. He quickly got over it and instead focused on building Ana a lesson plan for school. It's been a couple weeks, and no one has mentioned us getting engaged. Did her grandpa just assume that he wouldn't win, or is he playing a different hand?

"Amin-chan..." Ana drew him from his thoughts as they walked outside. Immediately, he took her hand, and they started walking to the nearest convenience store. I guess I've gotten used to this. He glanced down at her hand. It would be nice to do more... When they got to the convenience store, they went in and bought a couple popsicles that they ate outside the store while holding hands.

"Amin-chan, did Minami-san approach you again yesterday?" Ana asked out of the blue.

Seto looked down, confused. "Who?"

"The pink-haired girl... You're current stalker."

"Oh, her. I think. I don't know. I wasn't paying much attention." Seto vaguely remembered someone trying to talk to him in the hall, but he'd been in thought about a project at the time and hadn't even noticed her.

Ana let out a long sigh and looked irritated. "I thought she might back down some after we told everyone we were dating again. I guess not."

Seto remembered the first day of class after they'd started dating. He'd gone to pick her up that morning and walked to school with her. Arata noticed right away and jokingly asked if they were dating again, even though he knew it was going to cause a headache, Seto blandly replied yes. The entire class approached them all day asking questions. Thankfully, their interest died down after a week.

"You don't seem that upset about her stalking you." Ana eyed him as she sucked on her popsicle. Seto looked down at her and noticed her mouth was turning blue. If we kissed, would she taste like blueberry?

"She's the type of stalker that if I pay attention to, she'll become emboldened. If I keep ignoring her, she'll keep pestering me, but it won't go anywhere. As much as I would like to chuck any annoying people off the school roof, it's less of a pain to just ignore her." Seto sighed as he finished his explanation. "I could do what I do with other crazy stalkers if you really want me to?"

"What's that?" Ana raised an eyebrow.

"Burn their house down. They tend to stop after they're homeless."

Ana paused and watched him for a moment before groaning. "Don't do that. That sounds like it would be a colossal pain to deal with."

"It's really not that much of a pain—"