Chapter 65: Nickname

Training the day before went a lot smoother after baiting Seto. However, since her grandpa showed back up, she couldn't give him the kiss as a reward. Even when they were saying goodbye, her brother happened to watch them from the door. When Ana went out the next morning to meet Seto, he was obviously in a piss poor mood.

"Morning, Amin-chan." Ana tried to sound cheerful, but it was obvious that he wasn't at all pleased.

"Chi-san." He snapped before storming away.

Ana sighed and followed him. "I never said I would give you the kiss right after practice."

"Then when." His tone was more forceful than usual. Something about it made her blush.

"Um..." Ana felt embarrassed at this suddenly forceful Seto. Why is he being this way? Did he suddenly wake up to puberty?

"Chi-san, Chi-san, Chi-san—"

"Are you three?" Ana snapped at his overuse of her nickname. I really don't like it. He doesn't use it the same way that I use Amin-chan. I want something better. They walked in silence to the school. Seto was grumbling the whole way, but his irritation didn't make it feel like they were having a fight. She left him to stew. He really wants that kiss. She felt her face get a little warm. If he wants it so badly, maybe I can have him come up with a new nickname in exchange? Ana almost chuckled at the thought, but she realized she wanted him to call her something more endearing. He mostly used Chi-san to tease her. She really hated the nickname. Ana pursed her lips as she thought it over. What do I want him to call me?

"What?" Seto looked at her with narrowed eyes.

"Huh? It's nothing." She ignored his inquiry, and he didn't have time to press her because they'd just made it to school.

The first class of the day was homeroom. Arata went up to the front to get their attention.

"Alright, so we need to vote on what we're going to be doing for the festival. Our options were—"

Seto interrupted. "I'll sing for the concert."

The class grew quiet and looked at Seto as if they couldn't believe what they'd heard.

Arata tilted his head and smiled. "What?"

"I'll sing for the concert, but everyone is dressing up as duel monsters and I get to pick her outfit." Seto pointed to Ana, and she could feel the class staring at her. Her face grew warm. "Also, I'll pick the song list. I heard all the crap you were singing yesterday. There's no way in hell I'm leaving that up to you."

The room grew quiet, then they burst into excitement. Arata quickly drew their attention back. "Oook, then let's decide the rolls, besides the band members, and come up with practice times."

Ana looked back at Seto, who was smiling at her triumphantly. Her mouth twitched. What an Amin-chan. She turned back and let out a sigh. I really want a new nickname. Class continued, and eventually, the day wrapped up. Ana had ended up as a backstage crew member for the festival, so she'd mostly be helping with props. Umiko at lunch set-up times with the girls to get their measurements for the costumes. When classes ended, Umiko walked over to Ana and Seto nervously.

"Um, Kaiba-san, what do you want Ana to be? The teachers won't allow anything too risqué." Umiko looked at him, concerned, and Ana had to hold back a laugh as Seto's ears turned pink.

"Why the hell would I have her dress in something risqué?" He growled and rummaged in his bag, pulling out Ana's card. He showed it to Umiko, who looked over it curiously.

"Is this Ana's card? Did you make a duel monster card for her?" Umiko took the card carefully and smiled at Ana. It was her turn to blush.

"Yes, do you have a problem with that?" Seto glared at her.

"No, but... Can I borrow this card to copy it? I'll need a reference for her costume." Umiko asked while fidgeting. Her brown hair fell over her shoulders onto her large bust as she shifted around.

"Fine." He agreed.

Umiko let out a sigh of relief, then smiled at them. "Thank goodness, I was afraid of what you wanted Ana-chan to dress up as."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Seto glared openly at her, but Umiko looked at him blankly.

"Well, you are a guy. I was afraid you'd want to see her in a bunny girl outfit or something." Umiko turned and left them alone. Ana was holding back a laugh at how horrified Seto looked. They finally left school and headed to his apartment. He was grumbling again.

"Do your friends see me as some sort of pervert?" Seto asked so suddenly that Ana laughed.

"They see most teen guys that way.... So, you don't want to see me dress in anything risqué?" Ana teased.

Seto looked confused. "Not in front of other guys."

Ana's face grew warm, and she looked away from him. Why is he so blunt at times? They walked in silence until they got to his apartment. Once inside, Seto pulled out a schedule.

"I finished your study schedule for this semester." He started going over it.

"When did you find time to make it? You haven't been forgoing sleep again, have you?" Ana frowned at him. He didn't answer and went over the schedule. She was listening, but her mind wondered. What would be a good nickname? Bunny? She blushed at that. Yuck, no. Umiko put that thought in my head. Um, then maybe darling? Though that makes us sound like an old married couple.

"Are you paying attention?" Seto frowned at her.

"What? Yes, I am. Math is on Wednesday." Ana repeated the last thing he said.

Seto looked at her, and his brow furrowed. He seemed to be thinking hard about something. When he finally opened his mouth, what came out was, "What stick do you have up your ass?"

Ana froze. It took a moment for his question to sink in. She smiled angrily. All she could say to this sudden attack was, "Huh?"