5.15 girl meets the centre

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. That was kinda embarrassing, huh?" Amzie said before Derek nodded.

"You wanna go grab some coffee at this club I know? I'm buying and I promise not to judge you at all." Derek promised before Amzie shrugged and nodded.

"Yeah. Yeah, sure."

"Welcome to the Centre New York." Derek said after he and Amzie walked in.

"Derek! Amzie!" A group of teenagers said with a smile before they hugged the two.

"Okay. Everybody knows my name. That's either really cool or really creepy." Amzie said with a chuckle as she looked at Derek.

"You have a sense of humor."

"Yet you're not laughing." Amzie said with an uncomfortable chuckle.

"Laughter is a mask which denies the reality of a situation and reveals nervousness." Derek said before Amzie chuckled awkwardly.

"That's funny. So what's up with the music?—DJ?—live band coming? What?" Amzie asked with a shrug as she looked around.

"This isn't really that kind of club, Amzie." Derek said before Amzie looked at him.

"No music? What kind of club is it then?" Amzie asked with a confused look.

"It's more of a hangout where me and my friends get together and talk about stuff." Derek said before Amzie looked at all the people.

"They're all your friends?" Amzie asked as she gestured around.

"Yep. They can be yours, too. If you want." Derek offered before Amzie shrugged and nodded.

"Sure. Sure. I can always use some new friends. Don't know if I'm real comfortable with the hugging thing though." Amzie said with an awkward chuckle.

"Mr. Mack says that a hug is a burst of pure love."

"Who's this Mr. Mack you're always talking about?" Amzie asked as Mack walked into the room.

"He runs the Centre. He's the most remarkable human being I ever met. He changed my life, Amzie." Derek said before Mack walked over.

"Hello, Derek. Are you centered?" Mack asked as he hugged Derek.

"I'm centered, Mr. Mack."

"How about you, Amzie? Are you centered?" Mack asked as he hugged Amzie.

"Nope. I'm totally off center." Amzie said with a chuckle.

"Well, we'll have to see what we can do about that." Mack said.

"Good luck to ya. So you're Mr. Mack?" Amzie asked before Mack chuckled and nodded.

"Guilty as charged."

"It's a nice place you got here. Seems a little touchy feely at first, but it's growin on me." Amzie said with a shrug after she glanced around.

"Well, it just goes to show, Amzie. You can't always go with your first instinct, Amzie. You've gotta give people a chance, Amzie."

"Really like my name, don't you, Mr. Mack? It's a rare name, Mr. Mack. Mr. Mack." Amzie said with a chuckle.

"Well, there's plenty of room in case you decide to move in." Mack said before Amzie looked at him with a confused look.

"Move in?"

"This is where I live, Amzie. We all live here." Derek said as he gestured around the room.

"Oh. This is a cult." Amzie realized with a nod.

"We're just a place for people who need love in their lives." Mack reminded with a shrug.