3.25 girl meets accidents

He saw it

He saw it. He saw it happen. He went from a brother waiting on his little sister to pull into the school parking lot to a brother who ran down to the driveway to check on her, yelling her name.

"Lucas. Lucas, you can't go over there." Coach Dean said as he tried to keep the Hunter boy back.

"Why do they get to be closer to my sister than I do?" Lucas asked as he looked at the crowd of people who gathered.

"Alright, everyone back up. Lucas, you too." Coach Dean said after Lucas tried to get to Amzie's white Chevy.

"Coach, think about my situation. I just saw my little sister get in an accident. What would you do?" Lucas asked before the coach sighed.

"Just don't open the door yet."

"Thanks."

"Where's Lucas?" Farkle asked after he looked around the classroom.

"Guys, you gotta see this." Zay said after he poked his head in.

"Oh no."

"Oh my God."

"Who is it?" Riley asked as they looked at the wreck.

"I don't know."

"Let's go."

"Is that Lucas?" Farkle asked before they ran closer.

"Oh no."

"Okay, buddy. We need you to back up." The officer said as he looked at Lucas.

"What do you mean back up? That's my baby sister. I'm not going anywhere." Lucas said as his friends got to him.

"Z?"

"Is she okay?"

"We're going to check the passengers of the other car." Another officer said before they walked over to the truck that crashed into Amzie.

"Check them? They're over there walking and talking! She's not responding!" Maya said before Zay hugged her.

"Go call Luke."

"Why are you interrupting my class?" Mr. James asked as he looked at Luke, who was talking.

"Why are you interrupting my conversation?" Luke asked as he looked at the teacher.

"I'll be glad when you leave this school in August." Mr. James said before he turned to the board.

"Me and you both, John." Luke said before his phone rang.

"Mr. Ross—"

"Hold on. Hello?" Luke asked after he answered.

"Luke, you need to get here right now. Something's happened. It's bad." Riley said.