2.9 girl meets new teacher

"Where's Garaboski?" Maya asked as she looked around

"Uh oh."

"Did we do it?" Riley asked.

"Did we finally break him?" Farkle asked.

"You broke him." Cory said after he walked in.

"Yay!"

"Quiet! Mr. Garaboski retired yesterday." Cory said before everyone cheered again.

"Yeah!"

"Quiet! The guy survives Vietnam and Mrs. Garaboski and he can't get past you." Cory said as he pointed at Amzie, who shrugged with a smile.

"Navy soldiers can't get past me either. It's okay." Amzie said before the class chuckled.

"Anyway, he left a letter here that expressed his feelings. Dear you little—okay, I can't read this." Cory said with a chuckle as he put the letter down.

"He always talked about the good old days before 1985." Lucas said.

"What happened in 1985?"

"That was the year the New York Board of Education said you couldn't hit a kid with a ruler." Farkle said.

"Bored of education? I do believe I am." Maya said as Amzie nodded.

"Well, now you're gonna need a new English teacher." Cory said before Amzie shook her head.

"That's okay; thanks."

"I don't know, Z. You may wanna consider this one." Lucas said as Harper walked by.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Ms. Harper Burgess." Cory said before Harper walked in.

"You got a bike that goes with that outfit?" Lucas asked with a chuckle.

"1800 CC twin camp fat bob fuel tank wide glide. What do you ride?" Harper asked as she looked at him.

"He rode a sheep." Riley smiled as Maya chuckled.

"Sixty two pound quad hoof white fleece kind you count before you fall asleep baa baa." Amzie said before Farkle and the girls chuckled.

"Wanna race?" Harper asked before Lucas shook his head.

"No."

"Ms. Burgess is here to teach you about great books and great ideas. Please give her the same respect that you give me." Cory said.

"We can do better than that." Riley said with a chuckle.

"Frank Miller: the Dark Knight Returns." Harper said after she passed the books out.

"This is Batman."

"—a future Batman." Harper said with a nod.

"What's the difference?" Lucas asked as he looked at her.