2.16 girl meets luke ross

"Where you goin?" Cory asked after the laughing girls walked downstairs

"Why you so sparkly?" Topanga asked as she looked at her daughter.

"We're going out to dinner with the boys." Amaze said as Maya and Riley nodded.

"Okay, but that still doesn't explain why Riley—" Cory started.

"The boys told us to dress up and Riley decided to look like a disco ball." Maya said.

"Okay, have fun." Cory said before he sat on the couch.

"Don't stay out too late." Topanga said as she read her magazine.

"Hello, I'm Mr. Logan Johnston. I'm here to talk to Amzie Hunter and Cory Matthews." Logan said after Riley opened the door.

"I'm Cory and this is Amzie. What's the problem?" Cory asked after he and Topanga went to the door.

"Amzie was legally put into your care by her older brother Shawn Hunter, correct?" Logan asked as he looked up from his folder.

"Yeah, that's right. Why?" Cory asked.

"Well, Mr. Matthews, you're not Amzie's legal guardian anymore. Neither is your wife." Logan said.

"What?"

"If we're not her legal guardians, then who are?" Topanga asked.

"Amzie is turning fifteen soon, right?" Logan asked.

"Yeah, in two weeks. What does that have to do with—?" Amzie started.

"These documents that your brother signed state that when you turn fifteen, legally you're to be returned to his care." Logan explained.

"Well, that'd be great if he was here. He's in Jamaica for three months." Amzie said.

"Is there a way for Amzie to stay with us until Shawn gets back?" Topanga asked.

"—if you could call and get his permission." Logan said.

"Don't try. He doesn't have cell service." Amzie said with a sigh after Cory pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"If you can't get his permission, then Amzie will be placed in foster care until a: Mr. Hunter returns to the United States or b: you can get his verbal permission. In the meantime, you'll be staying with a wonderful family and attending Thomas Jefferson Middle School." Logan said.