1.6 girl meets popularity

"Look what's happening

"Look what's happening. Look what's coming." Riley said with a smile.

"What's coming, crazy?" Maya asked as she looked at her best friend.

"—invitations to seventh grade parties. It's begun. We could be party girls. I'm gonna need a party girl walk." Riley said before she did a weird walk.

"Yeah, that's not it." Amzie said as Maya nodded.

"There's gonna be boys at these parties, but not just any boys. No. Opposite sex boys. They're the best kind." Riley said before Amzie and Maya nodded.

"Yeah, you sound ready for this." Amzie said with a chuckle.

"I am. I may just be the first girl who crosses over from our side of the room to the—" Riley started before she realized something.

"Yeah, it's gonna be us." Maya and Amzie chorused with nods.

"Yeah, it's gonna be you. You know what Pretty Boy Hipster's handing out invitations to, don't you?" Riley asked before the blondes nodded.

"—a party."

"—membership cards to the popular club." Riley said.

"Why can't you just let it be a party?" Maya asked with a sigh.

"—because this is it. Right here. This is where you two go one way and I go the other. You get the invites and one of you will marry Pretty Boy Hipster and I end up marrying Anthony Delveccio and we buy things in bulk. You're gonna be popular. I'm not. Good for you. Good girls. Bye bye, Maya. Bye bye, Amzie. Yay! For me. Guys, I know you didn't get one, but is it okay if I'm really happy?" Riley asked after a boy handed her an invitation.

"You go get them, tiger." Maya said before Riley smiled and skipped to class.

"We love you, but you're a lot of work." Amzie sighed before she and Maya walked into class.

"Boom!"

"You got invited to something?" Cory asked after Riley slammed the invitation on his desk.

"So much for genetics, baby." Riley smiled.

"Ooh, seventh grade party. Yep. Didn't get invited to a whole lot of these. Good for you. I'm proud of you. Boy girl party?" Cory asked before Riley nodded.

"Yep."

"You can't go." Cory and Riley said together.

"May I approach?" Amzie asked before the two looked at her.

"Hurry please."

"I'm gonna keep your youngin out of trouble, sir." Amzie said after she and Riley put their arms on each other's shoulders.

"Hunter, you are trouble. Why would I want my youngin anywhere near the same party you're gonna be at?" Cory asked before Amzie smirked.

"You wouldn't. Say it. You know you wanna say it." Amzie said with a smirk as she crossed her arms.