5.17 girl meets john walker

"I believe a person's responsible for her own destiny and can be anything she wants if she wants it bad enough and she never gives up

"I believe a person's responsible for her own destiny and can be anything she wants if she wants it bad enough and she never gives up." Amzie finished her small speech with a nod, making her teacher clap.

"Ladies and gentlemen, let's hear it for Amzie Hunter: the next President of the United States!" John said with a clap, the students clapping along.

"Thank you."

"That makes you the First Lady." Maya said as she looked at Luke, who chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah, it does."

"Come on, Amzie. You really believe all the Little Mary Sunshine stuff?" John asked as he looked at the blonde, making her nod. 

"Sometimes. Mary Sunshine herself taught me." Amzie said with a shrug as she sat down.

"That's me!"

"So do I; to a point! Farkle!" John said as he turned around to point at the genius.

"John Walker."

"Nice haircut!"

"Thanks. Maya did it." Farkle said as he nodded to the blonde.

"Looks like it. Amzie just spouted a philosophical belief. What is it?" John asked with a shrug.

"Free will."

"Hey, he's a big deal with the new hair!" John said with a playful clap.

"She's in charge of her actions and therefore creates her own destiny." Farkle said with a nod.

"Good hair and good answer. You believe her?" John asked, making Farkle nod.

"In my experience, you don't bet against Amzie or you get your ass kicked." Farkle said, making Amzie nod with a smile.

"I don't doubt it." John said with a chuckle before he looked at Luke. "How about it, Romeo? You buy what Juliet is saying?"

"Yeah, I do. I think you have to have at least some control over the things that happen to you." Luke said with a shrug.

"Really? Luke Ross wakes up one morning. He kisses his lovely wife, he leaves his nice suburban penthouse, and then he gets hit by a bus." John said, making Luke's face fall.

"I'll miss ya, buddy." Lucas called with a shake of his head.

"No, I don't get hit by a bus." Luke said defiantly as he shook his head.

"Why not?"

"Because if I got a wife like Amzie, I ain't leaving the house." Luke said with a chuckle as he leaned back.

"Bus hits you anyway. What's that called?" John asked with a shrug.

"Fate. It doesn't matter if you stay in or go out, your life is predestined and there's nothing you can do about it." Smackle said with a shrug as Luke looked at her.