5.23 girl meets poetry

"Morning

"Morning."

"Morning, Z."

"So Jack and I had a question." Shawn said as he and Jack stood up, making their sister groan before she turned around.

"Oh no. I'm gonna regret this, but yes?" Amzie asked with a sigh as she looked at her brothers.

"So we were thinking and normally the dad walks the bride down the aisle, right?" Jack asked, making Amzie nod as she crossed her arms.

"Yes, and thank you for reminding me that I don't have one!" Amzie said with a sarcastic smile.

"—so that's why we were wondering who was gonna give you away." Shawn finished, making Jack nod.

"Yeah, so who's it gonna be?—me or Shawn?" Jack asked, gestured in between the two of them.

"I don't know." Amzie said with a shrug before she walked over to the kitchen island and grabbed a banana. "Doesn't matter to me."

"It's important to me!" Shawn and Jack chorused, Amzie chuckling as she looked at them.

"Look, you two work it out yourselves, okay?" Amzie said with a shrug before she sat on the couch.

"It should be me." Shawn said as he looked at Jack.

"Why?"

"I raised her." Shawn reminded with a small shrug.

"I—have the same dad as her." Jack said with a proud nod as he put his hands in his pockets.

"So do I!"

"I'm leaving." Amzie decided before she got up and left.

"Hey."

"Hi, my girl." Luke said with a smile as Amzie walked into the bakery.

"What are you guys doing tonight?" Amzie asked as she leaned on the back of the chairs.

The boys all glanced at each other before they tried to think of an excuse to give her. "Wrestling match."

"Dance lessons."

"Science fair."

"Build a bear."

"Okay." Amzie said with a suspicious nod. "Well, can I come?"

"Why?"

"Because!" Amzie said with an exasperated sigh before she sat down between Zay and Farkle. "Ever since our graduation party, Shawn and Jack have been arguing nonstop about who gets to give me away and the girls are out of town. Please?" Amzie asked, giving Luke her famous puppy dog eyes.

"Don't give in. Don't give in." Lucas whispered into Luke's ear.

"Of course you can, baby." Luke said before Amzie smiled triumphantly, making the boys sigh.