2.23 girl meets the new year

"How long we avoiding this?" Riley asked as she and the girls ate mac and cheese

"Not avoiding nothing. Just life moving on beyond that thing that happened between me and Lucas. I know what it was. You don't have to fish face at me. There wasn't a kiss!" Maya said after Riley made kissy faces.

"There wasn't?"

"No."

"What was there?" Riley asked.

"He just grabbed my head and stared at my face real close. Yeah. Just like that." Maya said after Amzie grabbed her face.

"That's a good move." Amzie said before she started to eat again.

"I didn't hate it."

"Let's discuss!" Riley said as she put her fork down.

"Let's not. Other things are happening. Life has gotten over this." Maya said as Riley picked the ketchup bottle up.

"If you pour ketchup on that mac and cheese, I will never forgive you." Amzie said before she gagged.

"Life isn't over it, Maya. He held your face, you went on dates, you poured a smoothie over his head. That's a good move." Riley said.

"I didn't hate it." Maya said.

"—but now what are you guys? Life wants to know, Maya. Life wants to know right now." Riley said.

"No, it doesn't."

"It does. Look around. Nothing's happening. Maya until we talk about—nothing is ever happening again." Riley said after she grabbed Maya's face.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no!" Maya said as she pointed at the board.

"Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility focused on the multiple loves of two young women." Harper said.

"Well, would you look at that?" Riley said.

"Miss Austen felt there were two approaches to love. Sense meaning what?" Harper asked.

"Good, intelligent judgment." Farkle said.

"—and sensibility?"

"When feeling is getting in the way of that." Farkle said.

"So what you think you should feel versus what you feel." Harper said.

"You know what's a good book? Hop on Pop." Maya said.

"Come on, Maya. What's not to love about figuring out love?" Harper asked.

"Help me." Maya said as she looked at Riley and Amzie.

"No. I'm out of this. I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy whatever happens for once." Riley said.

"Charlie Gardner."