2.21 girl meets forgiveness

"All through history, countries go to war

"All through history, countries go to war. That's what we normally study in here, but today, we're gonna talk about peace and forgiveness and how we get there. Every once in a while, I come up with a good idea." Cory said.

"What could it possibly be that I haven't already thought of?" Farkle asked.

"Farkle, I forgive you." Cory said.

"What'd I do?" Farkle asked.

"I forgive you, too." Zay said.

"What'd I do?"

"You know what you do." Zay said.

"I feel better now that I've forgiven you. How do you feel?" Cory asked.

"I'm sorry for every time I hurt you! What did I do?" Farkle asked.

"Ladies and gentlemen, today we're gonna begin the forgiveness project. Our history isn't just about what we've done. How we grow comes from the repair of what we've done and how we forgive what was done to us." Cory said.

"We're in. What do we do?" Riley asked.

"Everyone take out a piece of paper. This isn't your laptop or your cellphone. You've got unlimited characters here. As many words as you want. The impact will last longer than six seconds and I guarantee you, it's never gonna disappear. So pick up a pen. Express feelings. This is one of the most important things you're ever gonna do. You're about to forgive someone." Cory said.

"What's this gotta do with history, Matthews?" Amzie asked.

"It gives you a chance to change it." Cory said.

"Like when I forgave Auggie for biting the face off my Barry the Bear Bear." Riley said.

"That wasn't forgiveness, honey." Cory said.

"Why not?"

"Because you haven't gotten over it." Cory said.

"This is the first thing I see every day." Riley said as she held up her teddy bear.

"So is there anyone in your life that you wanna forgive? Change your history. Go." Cory said before everyone started writing.

"Dear Auggie the murderer—!"

"Maya, Amzie, no one in your lives you wanna forgive?" Cory asked as he looked at the blondes.

"No."

"Don't you think now would be a good time? You and your mom are in a good place. You're strong, Maya. Don't you wanna forgive him one day? Why not now? Riley, butt out. I'm serious. Butt your butt out. I forgive you. Okay, now you—!" Riley said as she looked at Amzie.

"No."

"—but I didn't get to say anything." Riley said.

"Because I already know what you're gonna say." Amzie said.