5.21 girl meets amzie

"So Topanga's making you work at the bakery full time?" Farkle asked as Amzie handed out everyone's drinks

"She's not making me." Amzie corrected with a small chuckle as she handed Riley a sandwich. "She's short staffed, so she asked me to work for her until I leave for Paris."

"Hey, Amzie." Kaylee called as she walked over to the blonde. "There's a woman at table thirteen asking for you."

"Thanks, Kaylee. Hi, I'm Amzie. How can I help you?" Amzie asked after she walked over to the table, her eyes widening as she realized it was Virna. "Virna?"

The group looked over, letting out collective sighs at the mention of Virna's name. "Oh no."

"What are you doing here?" Amzie asked as she put her order pad in her pocket.

"Just passing through."

"Virna, you never just pass through." Amzie reminded as she crossed her arms. "What brings you here this time?"

"I was just driving through the city for business." Virna explained, pausing to take a sip of her coffee. "I'm starting my own pop up boutique, so I thought I'd stop by and see how my children were doing."

"We're all doing fine; but I'm busy right now. I gotta get back to work." Amzie said as she nodded to the counter.

"I understand. Take care of yourself, Amzie." Virna said before she headed for the door.

"You too. Actually, do you wanna stop by for dinner tonight?" Amzie asked, making Virna turn around.

"I don't think I'd be too welcome. Katy, Shawn, and I aren't known for getting along." Virna reminded, making Amzie wave her off.

"No, it'll be fine. I get off at six." Amzie said as she put her hands in her pockets.

"Great. I'll be at your apartment at 6:30." Virna promised before she left.

"Okay."

"So what did the Wicked Witch want?" Smackle asked as Amzie refilled her brother's lemonade glass.

"She's passing through for business. She's coming over for dinner tonight." Amzie explained as she picked up Riley's empty plate.

"What?"

"Yeah. I gotta get back to work. I'll see you guys later." Amzie said, giving the group a wave before she walked away.

"I know this isn't my place, but if Virna keeps leaving, why does Amzie always let her come back?" Smackle asked as she looked at everyone.