4.1 girl meets tenth grade

"Good morning! I can't wait to get to school!" Amzie said with a smile after she walked downstairs

"Z, you feeling okay, Monkey? You got the flu again?" Shawn asked as he felt her forehead.

"No, I'm fine. Why?" Amzie asked as she leaned away.

"Because it's 7:15 on a school day and you're usually trying to skip." Shawn said after he looked at his watch.

"It's the first day, I'm a sophomore, and I'm so excited to experience sophomore year with my best friends." Amzie said as she walked to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water.

"It's because it's Luke's first day at A Adams." Lucas said as he and Maya walked downstairs.

"Bingo."

"Come on. Let's go." Amzie said before the three headed for the door.

"Not so fast, Z. I made you guys French toast for your first day." Katy said as she put three plates down.

"—but we have to meet everyone by 7:25." Amzie said as Maya and Lucas nodded.

"Great. You have ten minutes to eat." Katy said before the kids looked at each other and sat down.

"Luke, are you excited to be at our school?" Smackle asked as they walked into the high school.

"Yeah. I do kinda miss Walden though. I've gone there since kindergarten." Luke said before Riley looked at him.

"Huh?"

"It's a prep school. You get your entire education done in one building." Farkle said as Luke nodded.

"Oh."

"Is your dad our history teacher again?" Amzie asked as they walked to history.

"He said no, but he said that in eighth grade and you saw what happened." Riley said before Smackle and the boys walked into class.

"I'm too scared to look." Maya said as she, Riley, and Amzie covered their eyes.

"On three?"

"One—"

"—two—"

"—three."

"Aw boo!" The girls groaned when they saw Cory.

"I'm excited to see you guys, too!" Cory said before the girls looked at each other and sighed dramatically.

"Riles, whatcha doing?" Maya asked as the brunette put stuff into her backpack.

"Organizing my backpack. I just went school shopping for all the extra stuff I need. I got my bunny pencil case, my rainbow headphones, my laptop, my binders, my books. I'm all set." Riley said as she zipped her bag up and put it by her chair.