2.25 girl meets money

"Hey! A dollar! They're finally paying us to come here

"Hey! A dollar! They're finally paying us to come here." Maya said after she walked into class to see a dollar on her desk.

"Dopes. I'd come here for nothing. You know why? I have to. Stupid law." Amzie said as she sat down.

"Wait. Everybody has one." Riley said.

"What do you got there?" Cory asked after he walked in.

"It's a trap. Everybody just give your dollars to me and I'll hold them is what I'll do. Yeah." Maya said.

"The United States Government says that these pieces of paper are worth something. What makes them valuable? Farkle, do it." Cory said.

"Paper money used to be certificates that you could exchange for their equal value in gold or silver. Before that, people would buy things with livestock, colored stones, or shiny objects." Farkle said.

"I like shiny objects."

"Which one of these shirts is better? Same size, same color, same shirt. One of these comes from Cheapo's and costs 12.99. The other one comes from Demolition and costs thirty six bucks. So which one's the better shirt? Riley?" Cory asked before Riley stood next to him.

"Watch our little fashionista go." Amzie said.

"The Bleh shirt on the left, though appearing to the untrained eye to look the same—" Riley started.

"It's the same shirt."

"—is not from Demolition, making it inferior." Riley said.

"Same shirt."

"I will take the Demolition Bleh." Riley said as she looked at her father.

"You already did. This is your shirt. You spent thirty six Washingtons on it." Cory said as he handed the shirt to Riley.

"It costs more so it's better." Riley said before she sat down.

"Same exact shirt from the same exact manufacturer that sends it to a million different stores all over the world." Cody said.

"Mine's better. It feels good on my face." Riley said.

"This is your shirt. I changed the labels this morning." Cory said as he held the other shirt up.

"This shirt hurts my face! Give me that one. I know my shirt anywhere. That's my Demolition shirt, isn't it?" Riley asked as she pointed to the first shirt.

"Why would I change the labels when I can just talk? Obviously you people will believe anything." Cory said.

"Mr. Matthews, are you teaching us that money has no real value?" Lucas asked.

"I'm teaching you that money is paper we put our faith in. Wars are fought over it. Most crime happens because money's involved." Cory said.

"I'm safe."