2.18 girl meets texas {part two}

"Brother and sister

"Brother and sister. Riley and I are brother and sister now. What does that even mean?" Lucas asked as he looked at the boys.

"What does anything mean out the mouth of a girl? I used to tell Vanessa clear as day: Vanessa, I'd buy you a house and I'd be yours forever and I'd buy you ice cream. You know what'd she say? I don't want you to buy me a house, I don't want your ice cream, and I don't like you. How am I supposed to understand that?" Zay asked before Luke and Farkle looked at each other.

"I understand it."

"Whoa. Gentlemen, look how lucky you are. You treat them right." Pappy Joe said after the girls walked outside.

"Thank you, Pappy Joe."

"I see why you get homesick for Texas sometimes, Lucas. I never knew that the sky had this many stars. You know what else? I don't get nervous when I'm with you anymore. We're doing the right thing. Remember when we couldn't even say hi to each other? Remember how we'd go hi. Howdy. Hi. Remember? Now watch this. Say hi to me." Riley said as she looked at lucas.

"Hi."

"Hi, Lucas. What up, brah? What's up with you, man? You good? You cool?"

"Hi."

"Still got some catching up to do." Riley said with a chuckle as she moved her hair.

"Riley, I don't even know what's going on right now." Lucas said.

"What's going on is that we're gonna be the best of friends and care about what each of us has to say for the rest of our lives." Riley said.

"Yeah, I sorta thought we had that. What does brother and sister mean?" Lucas asked.

"It means you know—poom!" Riley said before she hit Lucas.

"Hey!"

"Ping!"

"Riley!"

"Hey, you said that just like a brother would." Riley said with a smile.

"Well, can I hit you back?" Lucas asked before Riley shook her head.

"No."

"Only you get to hit me?" Lucas asked before Riley nodded.

"Mmhmm. We're just like how you and Maya were. Hahee." Riley said before everyone looked at her.

"You don't even do it right." Maya said.

"Oh! Maya, I thought you weren't talking to Lucas." Riley said as she looked at her best friend.

"I'm not talking to him. I'm talking to you." Maya said.

"Maya, are you seriously not gonna talk to me?" Lucas asked.

"You could've gotten hurt on that stupid bull. What do you think you getting hurt would've done to the people who—?" Maya started.

"—care about you? I think you were gonna say care about you." Farkle said as he looked at Maya.