CHAPTER - 32

The harsh reality of Ragnik's life was that he could never see himself settled in one relationship. Physical intimacy was meaningless for him and more like stress relief and relaxation.

He never hesitated to agree that his mind was corrupted when it came to being physical. Despite his philanderer character Nishi and Shomak always regarded him as a genuine friend. He too believed that the only relation that mattered for him was friendship.

He had started getting intimate with Jonaki Roy since the day he met her and that's how he was. Then why he didn't want to go with the plan that Nishi had suggested? Why suddenly his heart had started to blame him for being a cheater?

He felt he was cheating himself. For the first time, he hesitated to do something for friendship. All these feelings were alien to him. While Jonaki was eager to go for another round, Ragnik tried to avoid. He quickly wanted to wrap up and get to the point.

Without delaying much further he raised the topic of Bose Villa. He knew it was too sudden but he was tired. He didn't want to drag his relation with Jonaki for long just to dig out facts about the house next door.

He ran the words several times in his mind and then said, "Actually my friend Shomak wants to do a documentary on this villa and the experiences of the Malakars."

"But Ragnik there's nothing to document in that house. I am sure of it," Jhumpi quickly said to end the topic as soon as it had begun. Though she tried to avoid the topic Ragnik didn't miss the changes in her expressions when he spoke about Bose Villa. That made him more adamant on coaxing the facts from her.

"I did tell Shomak about what you have informed but he is one stubborn person when it comes to documentaries. He has even set up spy cameras there," Ragnik was quick to notice the hint of tension on her face, which she smoothly brushed off.

"You have been there, have you noticed anything suspicious? No matter how many spy cameras you plant, it won't prove anything!" Jhumpi said confidently. That's where she went off guard. Ragnik clearly remembered the footages of the spy camera, so when Jhumpi said that, he was more than sure that she knew something if not everything.

"How do you know I have been to Bose Villa?" Ragnik raised the question not letting Jhumpi divert the talk. As soon as panic had appeared on Jhumpi's face it also vanished. She was master in this. "It's my next-door house, of course, I know who is coming in and going out. Do you think I didn't notice you entering that house with your friends?"

Ragnik smirked. She was exactly deep in the discussion, which she wanted to avoid. Without dismissing the trail Ragnik kissed her neck and once she started moaning he quickly asked, "then you must be knowing how the Malakar sisters got hurt!"

Jhumpi stiffened but Ragnik didn't leave her. He held her close to him and asked, "I know you must have noticed how they have got those wounds."

"Of-of course, I-I have noticed. It's-it's because of their hun-hun-dreds of liaisons," she stammered.

"Are you sure?" Ragnik asked looking into her eyes. But she turned away and pushed him back on the bed. "Of course. But why are we discussing them? This is our time, come on Ragnik I am craving for you here," she took his hand and placed it on her female part. He was determined to get the information from her even if it means giving her the utmost pleasure she craved for.

Suddenly a faint howl startled Ragnik, "What was that?" he tried to get up but Jhumpi hurriedly pinned him down on the bed and kissed him hard. Ragnik struggled to push her off but she was not leaving him.

The howl was followed by female screams, which pierced through the night sky. Ragnik grabbed Jhumpi's arms and pushed her away. He saw how desperately she tried to cover up the sound coming from next-door. He doubted that she too played a role in all this. But it can wait, the voices he heard, that was definitely the sisters. He cannot let them get hurt again.