CHAPTER - 11

The three friends came out of Sudha's cabin confused and disturbed. Shomak was thinking of ways to get all the information from Ela while Nishi was scared and worried that her friends were in this mess because of her. Ragnik tried to match a few points that he had learned about the Malakars.

"Maybe Jonaki is right," Ragnik suddenly suggested.

"What did she say?" Nishi asked.

"Yesterday, I asked her about Bose Villa and she looked very surprised. She completely denied the idea of Bose Villa being haunted. She went as far as to call Ela a witch and the family weird."

"Raks, that might be because of jealousy. You cannot deny the sisters are beautiful, maybe Jonaki is just jealous," Nishi protested.

"Jonaki is a stunning lady why would she be jealous? That's rubbish!" Ragnik defended.

"I can give you 101 reasons right now," Nishi was in full fighting mode and so was Ragnik. One refused to accept Jonaki's illogical assumptions, the other wanted to find all the reason to keep his friend away from the Malakars.

"Both of you just shut up!" Shomak silenced them with a stern voice.

Nishi's phone rang with a loud ringtone. "Shit! Nishi, this a hospital!" Ragnik whispered. Nishi quickly took out her phone and pressed some buttons. She frowned and read the notification that flashed on her screen, then her eyes widened, "Oh lord!"

"What happened?" Shomak asked.

Nishi gulped. "I have been noticing Ela for about three months. She is great at her work and also a cheerful girl but whenever she speaks about Bose Villa her entire expression changes, she shivers as well. So a few days back I had sent one of our colleagues from the HR department to their colony to speak with the neighbours. She has sent a detailed mail about what she came to know. Read this," Nishi changed her position and stood between the two so that they too could read the mail her colleague had sent.

Dear Nishi,

Ela seems clean. But yes things are a little weird as you suspected. Here's what I came across:

The Malakars are the new tenants of Bose Villa. The neighbours do not like to go to that part of the street as a very bad smell always comes out from that house. The local police had also sent a notice to the current owners to look into the matter. Local cleaning agency was appointed to clean the house, but nothing improved. So it was unoccupied for a long time.

Some of the previous tenants had faced peculiar accidents and that was another reason for the villa remaining closed. Three months ago few workers from some local agency cleaned the villa for the new tenants and all those workers died after a few days because of some dangerous flu.

Another thing, the old neighbours say that Ela looks exactly like Purnima Bose who was the first owner of the house. Even her smile, way of talking, her nature and her clothing choices bears an uncanny resemblance with Purnima. They say that it seems Purnima never got old.

We cannot deny that people do resemble sometimes without any relations but I am not so sure till what extent they look alike as the neighbours couldn't produce any photograph.

They added that since the day the Malakar family started living there they have been complaining about some unexplained activities. They even brought few priests and tantric to check but they couldn't find anything. The police too came down to investigate but there was nothing odd. The Malakars keep talking about a caretaker Sabu, which is strange because that caretaker had died twenty-two years ago, the neighbours informed. Also, the maid who had come to work for them had disappeared.