CHAPTER - 13

Gorkel's study table was rectangular in shape. Settling down on the high back rolling chair he asked Ela to take a sit in front of him and gestured Shomak to occupy the empty space on his right. Taking out a huge note pad he became busy scribbling down important data as Ela introduced herself.

When there was no response from his side she turned at Shomak. He gestured her to have patience as Gorkel kept on writing. She took a deep breath. As she started narrating about the first incident at Bose Villa, Gorkel lifted his head and smiled.

"Bose Villa's incidents are not unknown to people like us. Also, I am aware that many other investigators have died helping you," Gorkel said.

"People in the neighbourhood thinks that I am a witch and my sister Mini is mad. I have tried, begged even cried for help but they all dismissed my plea," Ela slowly added.

"That is because you all are still living in that house."

Gorkel's words confused them both. Ela glanced at Shomak then turned back towards Gorkel again.

"Isn't it natural?" Gorkel asked. "The first thought that will come to people's mind hearing your story is that if the house is as dangerous as you describe then how do you live there?"

Ela quickly added, "trust me we had tried several times to leave but Sabu wouldn't let us. We even took a car and were fleeing when he threatened us to come back by putting snakes in the car."

Gorkel took out a small table microphone and set a camera in front of her, "I hope you don't mind. These kinds of meetings I usually record."

Ela shook her head and agreed to narrate in front of the camera. Gorkel pressed the recording button and gestured Ela to begin.

"When we first came to stay at Bose Villa we were greeted by Sabu who introduced himself as the caretaker. On the first night after that dreadful event, we had asked Sabu if something was wrong with the house but he assured the house didn't have any such past."

"True, the house was never reported to be haunted twenty-two years ago when according to the records Sabu had died."

"No, Sabu was killed by my sister last night."

"In that case, he must have been kept there as a servant of the devil. Anyways let's hear you first and then I'll explain."

Ela drank from the glass that was placed in front of her and then slowly begun talking about the things they witnessed. "From the next day onwards again unexplained activities started. My mother would fall from the stairs, Oishi would get hurt accidentally, I always felt a watchful gaze behind me and the worst Mini would wake up in the morning with scratches all over her body. These incidents all happened after evening."

She glanced at the many clocks hanging on the left wall, "It was on the fifth night of our stay I remember, I had woken up in the middle of the night and came downstairs to drink water. I had opened the fridge when I heard a sound."

"Can you describe the sound?" Gorkel's voice was very low only audible to Ela and Shomak.

Ela nodded, "It started at a slow pace as if someone imitating the sound of a horse walking very slowly. Or more like clicking the tongue forcefully."

Shomak remembered hearing that sound in the clip.

"Then gradually it became louder. I turned and saw it was absolutely dark whereas I clearly remembered putting on the lights. I tried finding my way towards the stairs when suddenly all the lights of the house were switched on together. I heard Oishi screaming."

She paused briefly hesitating a bit. Then again she spoke with a deep frown, "By the time I reached upstairs maa and Mini were already there. They were shivering in fear. I entered Oishi's room and screamed. There was a body slashed in three parts walking in the air." Ela's voice was shaking in fear.