CHAPTER - 7

Sourasheni seemed like a very peaceful neighbourhood. Shomak checked his watch, at this time of the day any neighbourhood would remain busy with the morning routines but this locality was unusually quiet. None of his concern though. 

He opened the small latch at the front gate and entered. The white structure of Bose Villa was so beautiful that it earned his admiration within seconds. When he had first heard of Bose Villa, he imagined an old dilapidated house. This was completely opposite. However, despite it's pretty and well-designed structure it didn't give any homely vibes. Even the front yard was not under proper maintenance. One of the many features of a haunted house, Shomak concluded. 

He walked towards the main entrance and saw the door was open. He could have entered after knocking but out of courtesy he searched for the bell. He looked on both sides of the door but couldn't find any. Hence, slowly stepped in after knocking. 

The house might look like an excellent piece of architecture but there was a strange air of discomfort inside. Shomak always paid extra attention to minute details. He looked around and checked. There was no one. He walked a little more into the interiors and a smell of sulphur hit his nose. The interiors were beautiful as well but just like the outside, it didn't have the vibes of a home. Rather it seemed as if the house was mourning.

He turned at the sound of some utensils and finally spotted Ela. He smiled seeing her. She was busy picking up some cutleries from the table while Shomak watched her silently. 

Ela paused sensing a sudden presence behind her. She gulped. Holding the cutleries tightly she turned to face what they were facing for the last three months. Surprised, the cutleries fell from her hand.

She shrieked seeing Shomak. Why the hell was he here?

Putting up his hands in surrender Shomak smiled, "Please, I didn't mean to scare you. The door was open and I couldn't find the bell so I came inside. Sorry, didn't mean to intrude."

"You came in through the main door?" Ela was shocked. She walked towards him staring in surprise. Shomak nodded and was a little disappointed that Ela was not happy to see him.

"You need to leave, now!" She held his hands and dragged him towards the main entrance. 

 "But I wanted to speak to you."

"We can speak later, you need to go now."

"Wait, Ela, what's going on? I thought you wanted me to help!" Shomak tried to stop her. 

"Yes but not at the cost of your life," she raised her voice and the bronze flower vas fell from the table. Shomak turned at the sound but only saw the flower vas lying on the ground. Ela shivered knowing what might have caused it. She again said, this time in a pleading whisper, "Please go."

Shomak stared at Ela's scared face. He was confused at her behaviour. Why was she hell-bent on throwing him out of the house?  

Hearing the sound of the vas and Ela's voice coming from the main hall Phalguni came out of her room. "Ela, are you alright?" Phalguni's voice was shaken a bit. She looked worried and tensed. 

Mini and Oishi too came rushing downstairs. Seeing Ela holding Shomak's hand they all frowned.  "Ela, who is this?" Phalguni questioned. When Ela didn't reply Mini looked at Shomak again. "Aren't you that filmmaker whom we met at di's office?" she asked recognising him.

Shomak nodded and was about to introduce himself to Phalguni but now she already knew who he was. 

"Nice to meet you son. I have heard about you from Mini and Ela but why did you come here?" Phalguni too looked concerned. Shomak couldn't understand why everyone was trying to throw him out of the house.