CHAPTER - 14

In the elevator, Ragnik was looking at Phalguni with a suspicious gaze. Both she and her daughters were unaware of this scrutiny, though it didn't go unnoticed by Nishi. She poked him with her elbow. "Stop it!" she mouthed. Ragnik glared at her but stopped staring at the Malakars.

Reaching the floor Ragnik welcomed the three new guests in his apartment. Nishi entered first to check the situation. She didn't trust Ragnik one bit after what she had seen the previous day.

While Phalguni and Oishi were speaking to Nishi Ragnik noticed Mini was still standing at the door. He sensed her hesitation. She didn't want to get inside his flat, of course, the main reason being their first encounter.

"You are safe here, I don't do virgins," Ragnik said irritatingly and gestured her to enter. Mini glared at him for that outrageous reply, though she wasn't expecting any gentlemanly behaviour from him. That would be so out of his character. Now, thanks to her mother and sister, who had already taken his offer, she didn't have any other choice than going inside the wretched man's home. Letting out an angry sigh she took slow steps, her eyes cautiously scanning the whole place.

Ragnik showed them the guest restrooms to freshen up. Dragging Nishi in a corner he warned, "I will kill that brat!"

"She has a name!"

"I don't care. Did you see the way she was looking around my home? Do I look like a criminal to her?"

"Oh shut up! I am tired of hearing you complain about Mini. You too were ogling her mother!"

"What the! I wasn't ogling at her, I just cannot trust those Malakars!"

"Whatever! Now keep quiet and let me try Shomak's phone again. He is still not answering."

Nishi was about to press the call button when she received Shomak's message. Ragnik's cell phone pinged as well. They read Shomak's message carefully. It was the same message to both of them.

Take their video clips separately, especially Mini's. And make sure Phalguni, Oishi and Mini stay there tonight. No matter how much they insist do not let them go back to Bose Villa.

"What is he up to?" Ragnik asked Nishi.

"Ragnik I am scared," Nishi sat down on the couch, "He is meddling into things that should not be meddled with."

"Nishi, do you believe this paranormal stuff is as dangerous as they narrate? What if something is definitely wrong with these women?" Ragnik was still doubtful about Ela. "What if that girl turned out to be a witch for real? They do things like vasheekaran or bewitchment, what if Shomak is already under some spell?" he added. 

"My daughter is not a witch!" Phalguni retorted. Startled, they both turned back and a little embarrassed to see Phalguni, Oishi and Mini standing behind them. They had heard Ragnik's questions. Nishi tried to manage by saying it was just the assumptions they had heard from others and not theirs, but Phalguni looked displeased.

"You want to know, we will tell you but please don't call my sister a witch. She is not!" Mini protested. Nishi apologised but Ragnik didn't. He stood up and shoved his hands in his pockets, "Fine, you want to tell, let's do this then. Follow me." When Mini was still rooted to her spot Ragnik said again, "I do not have all day girl, follow me."

Mini clenched her jaw and followed him towards the studio. Nishi asked Phalguni to calm down, "we only judge when there is less information and disguising facts. If you wish to end all these, you have to try trusting us first." Phalguni didn't speak, neither she looked annoyed anymore. "Your family is going through tough times and during this, you must seize all the limited opportunity you are getting." As Nishi saw Phalguni calming down she knew it was her cue to make her talk. She was enough to manage the mother and kid, however, she wasn't sure about Ragnik. They were doing this for Shomak. She hoped Ragnik would keep that in mind and behave in a civilised manner.