CHAPTER - 29

Geeta Sanyal might be just a college-goer but her circle included top models, actresses and socialites. Unlike some people, she enjoyed this lifestyle and was thankful that her family were friends with the Moitra's.

She was enjoying every moment of the party. Chatting with people, greeting and introducing new faces came naturally to her. People warmed up to her very easily and the most satisfying thing for Geeta was to mingle with people from all over.

She was busy speaking to one of Shomak's cousin when she suddenly spotted Mini. It surprised her as she had least expected to see Mini at a party.

Mini Malakar was one person who had neither rejected nor accepted her friendship. It didn't offend her rather she took it very sportingly. Though she didn't know much about Mini, her instincts confidently said there was some major problem in Mini's life. Hence, she never stopped pursuing Mini with a hope that she would definitely open up to her one day.

"Mini? Is that you?" Geeta approached her with a broad smile. Mini knew very well that Geeta was invited but she was wishing very hard that she won't spot her. However, when it came to her luck, it was eternally bad.

"Hi, Geeta," she smiled back with a lot of effort.

"I thought you hated parties. How come you are here?"

"Actually, the birthday boy is my sister's friend."

"Your sister is a friend of Shomak Moitra?" Geeta's eyes widened.

"Don't worry I won't tell her that you have a crush on him," Mini whispered. Geeta instantly blushed and denied. "Anyways then you must be knowing RJ Nishi and my brother?" Geeta quickly diverted the topic.

"RJ Nishi is my sister's colleague but who is your brother?"

"What? You don't remember my brother? Ragnik Sanyal? I introduced him to all my friends at my birthday party!"

"I thought he was your uncle!" Mini rolled her eyes at the mention of Ragnik's name.

"Well by relation, yes, but he is just twenty-six, simply seven years elder to me," she shrugged and added, "I call him uncle only in front of my friends to keep them at bay, as they have a major crush on him. But you are different." Geeta held Mini's hand while she became irritated hearing about Ragnik.

"What's in him that your friends are getting mad about? I have also heard he is mostly into elder women, so they would hardly have a chance!" Mini commented in a sharp tone. Geeta was not confused to see her friend suddenly react like that when she had just met Ragnik once. She knew Mini from the last three months, the girl snaps at almost everyone.

"I do not blame you. He does have an inclination towards older women," she giggled. "But it seems like it is his reputation that keeps attracting my friends towards him."

"Your friends are mentally ill!"

"But not you Mini. You are not at all like them and that's why I want us to stay friends forever."

Hearing her last sentence, Mini instantly felt bad for hiding the fact from Geeta that she knew Ragnik very well. Maybe better than his own niece. The girl was harmless and had tried several times to be Mini's good friend. It was Mini who kept pushing her away.

In a way, she blamed Ragnik for not being able to befriend Geeta. Whenever Geeta spoke to her she couldn't help but think about Ragnik.

Recently due to all the sudden incidents, she had somehow come closer to the man she hated the most, but there was always a thick tension between them.

Not everyone knew that she had seen Ragnik making out or rather having sex with older women. Not once but twice. Even Geeta didn't know that Ragnik was involved with their college professor Kalyani Sagar.