CHAPTER - 21

Sweat appeared on Gorkel's forehead as he saw the entire clip. He had come across many cases both in practice and textual during his career of a paranormal investigator. However, he never thought of facing this dangerous, complicated and almost unsolvable case. After looking at the video he strongly had a premonition of death and destruction.

He searched for old files and books in his library, anything that could help him stop this evil as fast as possible. He knew if it becomes successful in its motive, nobody would be able to stop it. Even if ancient scriptures, modern technology and religious practices were combined, it would be extremely difficult to defeat this demon.

Just as he already knew deep down, he was unable to find any concrete solution in the text or materials he had.

He hoped Shomak and the others get enough time to come out of this danger. He needed to alert them, immediately.

"I don't know what happened. We were standing here and then suddenly something blew over our head and smashed on the wall. When we turned we saw this symbol," Ragnik tried to think of at least one explanation but his mind was giving up.

"Along with the photographs there was this piece of paper inside the envelope," Nishi held a paper towards Shomak, "I read what was written on it, though it didn't make any sense. As I finished reading out the lines this symbol was cast on the wall."

Nishi's phone rang displaying Gorkel's name. She handed over the paper to Shomak and attended the call, "Sorry there was a network problem so we got disconnected."

"Nishi we cannot defeat this evil power inside that house until and unless we know about the object it is looking for," Gorkel blurted out.

"What do mean and Gorkel, why are you panting? What is wrong?" Nishi asked putting the phone on speaker.

"Listen to me very carefully, the thing you all are dealing with is extremely dangerous. There is very limited information available about it. That's the reason why defeating this demon is complicated."

"You have figured out what it is?" Shomak asked with hope. Gorkel sighed, "Yes and I am afraid it's not just about a sacrificial child and an Aśvin devotee. The clippings you asked me to watch, apart from the two symbols on the two women, there was another symbol too. I believe the spirit inside Bose Villa is the spirit of this same man. And he has a small symbol of a trident with flat edges on his back. This symbol – "

"Now that you point out we do remember the symbol while viewing those clippings though we didn't pay any attention to it. But just a few minutes ago this symbol has appeared on the wall of Bose Villa. And it's drawn with blood," Ragnik quickly informed.

"But isn't this a good symbol? The symbol of Shakti?" Shomak asked.

"The symbol of Shakti has pointed edges. This one is with flat edges and is a symbol of the Kaanthalis," Gorkel said.

"Kaanthali?" Nishi asked.

"A secret ancient cult that practices forbidden rituals to worship dark powers," Gorkel explained.

"I have heard about them before. Gorkel, can you tell us the meaning of this line? We have just found this in Bose Villa inside an envelope with few old pictures and as soon as Nishi read it the symbol appeared," Shomak said.

"What line?" Gorkel asked.

"Shaiva goshthi shashanka sahare, jugala prabhu bandana kahare," as soon as Nishi read the text Gorkel shouted.

"That's a chant! Do not read that aloud. That's why the symbol has appeared."

He let out a disheartened breathe. "It is a sacred pact or a slogan of the Kaanthalis. In short, it means the group of cranium men who are also a worshipper of Shiva gathers under the moon at night worshipping and evoking the powers of twin gods of medicine." Gorkel simplified.