CHAPTER - 3

First, it was a Sunday and second, it had started to rain half-an-hour ago, naturally the streets were deserted. Shomak reached at Ragnik's apartment in a short time and waited for him to come downstairs. However, as usual, Ragnik was insanely late. 

While waiting for his reckless friend Shomak tried to brush off his irritation by admiring the weather and the surrounding. Ragnik's apartment was located in a very beautiful locality and no matter how many times Shomak visited, the area always looked new and fresh. This place was away from Ragnik's paternal house and being phobic to normal family relations Ragnik prefered staying in his own flat. 

Beside the building where Ragnik's apartment was located, there was a beautiful jasmine tree. Mixed with the smell of fresh rain the flowers spread a heavenly scent around the space. Shomak inhaled sharply. His life was running at a snail's pace and he didn't want to complain. He liked this pace and was also gradually trying to accept it. 

But the question was, for how long he would continue? He was accustomed to fast life and wanted to return behind the lens giving direction once again. And for that, he needed a solid topic. Something which would call him from inside. 

Since the day Ragnik had sent the picture of Ela, Shomak was becoming a little impatient to meet her, to know her, to understand her and to hear her part of the story. She looked so happy and cheerful in the photograph, there was not a single sign of worry. But how was it possible? A person living in a haunted house might show some distress. He had a strong feeling that this subject might excite his grey matters to finally start a new project. 

Ragnik knocked on the car window breaking into Shomak's thoughts. He quickly opened the door and he got in brimming with excitement. Shomak smirked; he knew it was all about last night's adventure that was still very much fresh inside Ragnik's mind. He shook his head and drove towards their destination. No matter how much he tried his philanderer friend was not going to change any time soon. 

He often boasted that his athletic fitness was what the women fell for. He was very tall and his mischievous black eyes were always in search of potential dates. Shomak might never approve of his ways but he knew Ragnik was extremely professional. It was totally another thing that he was a complete lost cause when it came to relationships. 

"Today's Radio programme might be interesting," Ragnik said. On the way, they put on the radio. Nishi had informed Ragnik that she had managed to get Ela to speak about her experience. There was a panel discussion with people who had sited paranormal activities recently and Ela too would share a bit of her story.

When they had switched on to the station they had missed the introduction of the people present in the panel and at the moment it was a male speaker sharing his experience about some unrequited love of a spirit. Once the round was done RJ Nishi's voice came up, "since we are talking about unrequited love of spirits, here goes the first song of the programme." And with that, the eerie romantic song Suna Suna Lamha Lamha from the movie Krishna Cottage started playing. Ragnik and Shomak looked at each other and burst out laughing. "Cliché much!" Ragnik mocked.

They both kept quiet bearing the pain of listening to a song they hated. It was quickly followed by some advertisement and soon when the programme resumed RJ Nishi spoke to one female participant and then moved on to speak with Ela. 

Ela's soft thin voice hit the speaker and Shomak tightened his grip on the steering. The voice seemed worried, stressed and troubled. There was a strange restlessness covering her soft voice. She was speaking about some of the incidents that happened at Bose Villa during her family's stay in the last three months.