Vampires Are Hot

After the sky greyed over and the lemonade bottles laid empty at Jungkook and Jimin's feet, the two boys finally began to head out of the park. Laughing together passed more time than Jimin realized, having noticed several hours had gone by and many concerned texts from Taehyung blared on his phone. Mainly, Taehyung was asking if Jungkook had killed him with a sexy smolder yet, and if so, then Jimin needed to notify the boy so he could start up funeral arrangements.

As they walked, rain started to drop from the heavy clouds, and with the entrance to the subway still a block away, Jungkook shrugged off his backpack and handed it to Jimin to use as an umbrella to shield him from it.

"Look at you trying to act all slick." Jimin said with a grin as he reached for the blue backpack, lifting it above his head. Jungkook grinned back, flashing his teeth.

"Not even an 'No worries, I'll protect you from the big bad storm, babe.'" Jimin teased, though he shot a worried look at the forming storm clouds.

"Babe?" Jungkook asked, the familiar cocky smirk making its way on his angular face as he opened the door for Jimin. "I didn't know we were so close, Jimin."

When they reached the escalator that would take them down to the subway, Jungkook's callused palm naturally brushed against the back of Jimin's own. Jimin blushed, feeling the boy's fingers like iron hot rods pressing against his skin. When he turned around to give Jungkook's backpack back, Jungkook pulled his hand away to grab it and both boys seemed to pause - surprised how cold their hands were when apart.

Jungkook finished sliding his backpack back on with his tongue poking the side of his cheek, his lips relaxed. Jimin's stomach fluttered as the escalator pulled them away from the park, the flickering lights above them casting shadows across Jungkook's face, but Jungkook's eyes still shone with both energy and excitement - and even a little bit of fear.

Helplessly, Jimin's gaze flicked down to Jungkook's lips. Had Jungkook always smelled this good? Like forest and citrus, warm and inviting. Were his eyes always that dark? Like a night sky streaked with golden stars. God Jungkook's touch had felt warm; safe. He wanted to feel his hands on him again. Wanted to feel that warmth, wrap himself up in it.

Jimin felt like he was watching someone else stand up on their tippy toes, someone else leaning in close and smell the rainwater coating the both of them. Jungkook didn't have time to react before Jimin carefully tilted Jungkook's chin down so that he could reach the boy's lips. Jungkook, after a surprised mumble, slowly brought his muscled hand to cup the back of Jimin's neck as a small kiss started to form between them. It was sweet, gentle and testing, but it made Jungkook beam nonetheless.

"What was that for?" Jungkook asked, smiling from ear to ear as Jimin pulled away, the shorter boy looking dazed.

"...Nothing. I just ... wanted to try something." Jimin said, shaking his head as if to wake up.

"Want to try again?"

Jimin went red and scowled playfully. With his lips feeling all buzzy, he failed to notice that they'd reached the bottom of the escalators. Flustered, he tripped stepping off and Jungkook instantly gripped around his forearm to steady the blond boy before he could bump into a familiar face behind him.

"Namjoon?" Jimin asked, surprised while Jungkook stood awkwardly behind him. Kim Namjoon, of all people, stared at Jungkook as if he were a stray Jimin found on the street. Then, after a long moment, his eyes moved onto Jimin.

"Jimin?" Another voice, belonging to Jung Hoseok, asked, smiling a sunny sort of smile that lit up his face as he approached the group of them with two coffees in his hands, giving one to Namjoon.