Hands Like Flames

"Remember how we wrote that song together? Back in what, eight grade? And we titled it friends because we couldn't come up with anything better? Well I, on this Friday night, officially override that title. From now on, when any eighth grade memory comes to mind, like when you stuck ice cream up your nose to see if it'll make you ice-scream, I'll know the song's right title is enemies." Jimin said as he got out of the Uber, shifting up the waist of his dark jeans with a huff. The silver rings on his fingers clicked softly as his hands shifted nervously at his sides. Taehyung simply replied with an amused grin as he thanked the driver and walked around to where Jimin was standing.

"You should be grateful you know. You got to avoid all that flirting."

"Tae," Jimin started, his voice sounding exasperated, "You can't just take my phone and reply to Jungkook pretending to be me."

"What?" Taehyung asked, faking a gasp, his hand going to his chest. "Meee?? Getting involved in drama that has nothing to do with me?? Whaaaa-pssh- no, haha no I'd never." Taehyung said with a wave of his hand. Jimin frowned, wrapping his arms into his chest as a brush of cold air swept up around them. The buzz of flickering street lights on city street was the only sound around them save for echos of cars and the faint sound of laughter not too far off. Jimin and Taehyung currently were standing in front of a nice one story building. The front year was large and green, so green that even the dark shadows of night couldn't diminish it's stark hue.

Taehyung tugged on the sleeve of Jimin's hoodie, pulling him towards the building. Amusement shone in his dark eyes, a box smile stretching across his lips. "Look, it's not like I sent him your nudes, Jimin. I simply replied with a "oh fuck yes daddy" when he invited you to a bonfire."

"You did not-" Jimin said, his cheeks growing very red.

Taehyung's eyes flickered mischievously and a another wave of distant laughter echoed through the street. Jimin could hear the faint sound of a guitar playing somewhere too and a raspy voice singing lyrics lost to the wind.

Taehyung waved Jimin off, "You wouldn't have answered him, Jimin. You'd just stare at the text and bite that lip of yours, wondering how you should reply, thinking up every reason to decline, and then Friday night would roll by without you typing a single word. I answered for you out of pure kindness. I mean, the guy sent you flowers-"

"But -"

The front door to the square yellow building suddenly flung open and Jimin knew who was standing with his large hands wrapped around it's copper knob without having to look. Taehyung lifted his brows before walking victoriously over to where Jeon Jungkook was leaning against the door frame, a red cup in one of his hands, the other reaching out to shake Taehyung's tan own. He seemed surprised to see Taehyung but masked it over with an easy smile and a joke that left his lips naturally, like a breath.

Jimin, realizing he was now standing in the street alone, hurried to catch up to them. They'd driven for a while to reach Jungkook's mysterious bonfire location, Jimin half way considered that maybe the Uber driver had taken the wrong turn and would kidnap them instead. He wasn't sure, standing now only a foot away from the tall brunette, if maybe being kidnapped by a pretty silver haired driver was the worst idea.

"Jimin," Jungkook said and something tightened in Jimin's chest. The way Jungkook said his name, each syllable spilling from his lips like honey, the sound crafted like a soft breath, etched with hope and bewilderment, made Jimin flush. Taehyung had the right mind to look embarrassed, Jungkook made Jimin's name sound intimate, like music meant only for the short boy's ears. The one word packed so much - you came, you're here, I didn't think you would.

Jimin smiled awkwardly, moving his hands to his pockets. Jungkook was wearing a black tee shirt, simple with no designs on it. He had a single silver earring looped into one of his ears, and he wore grey sweatpants to contrast it with the words wings written down the side of one of the legs. Jimin wanted to ask about the logo, maybe start up some small conversation to easy the nerves pumping through his veins, but he glanced over at Taehyung who was staring rather rudely at a near by squirrel and thought better of.

"I hope you didn't mind." Jimin said, lifting his chin in Taehyung's direction to which the boy waved like he'd been given a medal. He looked at his friend fondly, Taehyung pouting as the squirrel ran off to probably get run over. "The Uber driver wouldn't let me kick him out. If she could just roll the window down half way I know I could have squeezed Tae's butt through there."

"Yeah you wish you could've squeeze my butt." Taehyung said, poking his tongue out as if this was the most insulting, attacking, comeback he had ever come up with. Jungkook, in response, lifted the red cup to his lips, took a sip, and his eyes filled up with amusement, the golden flakes dancing, like he was deciding wether or not to laugh. Then, he lowered the cup and grinned at Taehyung who mirrored the smile's mischief with his own and Jimin knew then that he was doomed. Having the two boys meet, and click, Jimin understood he had made a mistake. The two annoyingly taller boys were still grinning, staring at each other with a sort of puzzled comradere, like they had finally found their let's mess with Park Jimin soulmate.

________
A/N: Guys, so I started road to Kingdom and omg I'm so in love with everyone all the rookies are so cuteeee. Also, I spent a night in a hot tub with a boy alone that I only just met. I don't know what to think of that.

Double update this week, I'll post again Friday because this chapter is a little on the shorter side!

- Violette