What Ya Packin?

"Hey Tae," Jimin asked, trying to get his friend to stop swearing at his phone. "I think that guy just whistled at me." Jimin interrupted Taehyung's tangent over the iniquities of modern technology. Taehyung seemed to half half heard him at least, looking over his shoulder as if to notice that there even were other people down this block in the first place. His eyes flashed and a little gear shifted from its rusted position in his mind.

"Why don't we ask them?"

"Wait what?" Jimin asked, taking a small step back. "Did you hear what I just said?"

"What? Something about people whispering or something."

"No, whistling, Taehyung. Whistling."

"What song? Boy's With Luv?"

"Wha- I hate you, Tae. I think that I absolutely, genuinely, do not like you." Jimin said, Taehyung looking back at the construction workers on the other side of the street, his eyes lingering on the pale one for a moment before looking back at Jimin. Taehyung's brows were furrowed slightly as if considering that maybe, just maybe, going up to strangers was a bad idea. He then shrugged. The boys were lost, Google failing them, and they could only Make It Right with Jin if they beat the time crunch.

Taehyung suddenly turned to check his backpack with haste - as if he had completely forgotten it was on his back in the first place. The zipper seemed to whistle as Taehyung pulled it across the bag, revealing the bright gold wording of Map of Sweets against a baby blue of the plastic bag. "Shit," he muttered closing the bag up again. "The cupcakes got flattened." It took a moment for Jimin to register Taehyung's words and then his heart broke. They'd made those this morning, chocolate cupcakes with thick vanilla frosting.

He wanted to cry.

"How could you have-"

"You try running with pastries." Taehyung snapped, which made Jimin sigh one more time in return. Suddenly - talking to the intimidating construction workers didn't seem so scary. In retrospect, they couldn't do anything worse than Seokjin when he found out his cupcakes got squashed. He threw Taehyung a small glare, rolling his eyes as he told the boy to stay there while he went to ask for directions.

Jimin began to move, hoping that he wasn't too sweaty as he walked across the street towards the sound of drills and hammers. His black v neck was a bit lop sided, revealing more of his right collarbone than he was aware of. The sun, though now hidden behind a cloud, still heated his skin - Jimin thankful for the small breeze that seemed to be hiding on this particular side of the street.

Out of nerves, Jimin shifted one of his arms and ran his fingers through the front of his hair. His gaze was on the floor, watching his steps get closer to the distinct whistles aimed at him. He could feel his body tense at them slightly, doing his best to ignore the heated stares. I should have smashed one of the cupcakes on my face, Jimin thought, maybe they'd stop staring then. When he thought about it, he had no idea how many orange vests actually worked at the construction sight. He knew of two, the brunette and the pale one, but it sounded like there were at least a handful more working on the metal structure above him.

Jimin rubbed the back of his neck, get it together. It's just a question. You can kick them in the balls if anything turns sketchy.

He headed towards the tall brunette boy he had locked eyes with earlier since he seemed the least busy at the moment. The boy was currently facing away from Jimin as he rubbed his hands against a grey towel to try and rub some tar off of his skin.

Jimin tapped his shoulder, trying to ignore how massive the guy was up close. His shoulders and arms were exposed underneath the orange vest, which made sense since the heat was insane today, but Jimin wasn't sure if it should ever be allowed for anyone to show off their muscles like that. For such a youthful smile, his body well very well built. He carried himself with confidence, a sort of comfort to each slight shift of movement in his tall body. Jimin pouted. While he wasn't the best at talking to strangers, talking to hot strangers was even worse. Jimin, he reminded himself, not the time. Focus.

When the surprised brunette turned around, a funny feeling crept its way back into his chest. The boy was gorgeous. His hair was thicker up close and hung near his eyes. The color a type of black that seemed to get lighter depending on how the sun hit it. His jaw was sharp, his nose as well. The brunette's lips were full, pulled back in an amused grin as his golden flecked eyes took Jimin in. He seemed confident, cocky even, as he ran a calloused hand through his bangs - the edge of his lips growing from a grin to a smirk. At that moment, with his heart suddenly hammering annoyingly in his chest, Jimin thought that he should have kept running when he had a chance.

______
A/N: what songs are you guys listening
to rn? I'm making a new playlist and it got
me thinking what everyone is listening to
during these strange times. Oh My God
by Gidle is one of mine

I did real construction work yesterday you guys. And it was awful. Physically exhausting and just awful. Mad respect to Jungkook and Yoongi 😭😭

- Violette