Pick Pocket

A/N: I just had some really not great news, so I'm updating early for some better vibes.

A/N: I just had some really not great  news, so I'm updating early for some better vibes

- Stressed Violette
_____

"You know Jungkook," Jimin smiled, poking the brunette boy in the shoulder, "I never took you for the picnic type."

Jungkook grinned at that, slinging off a blue backpack as the boys neared Bangtan Park. The area was a little out of the way, but worth the two subway stops it took to reach it from Jimin's bakery. The grass field was so green Jimin would have thought it was painted on. The scattered trees were droopy with heavy leaves while budding pink flowers lined the Park's path way.

The boys pushed near the clear blue lake in the middle of the park, something Jimin failed to notice when he was shivering here in the storm before. The sun was bright to contrast that night, bursting through the leaves and adding shadows to the benches scattered near the small pool of water. Jimin and Jungkook weren't the only ones there, as families and couples could be sighted playing in the shallow water or walking hand in hand beside it.

Jimin wouldn't tell Jungkook, but he was really happy to be here with him. In the middle of the city, where streets were bustling and the buildings scrapped the stars, the seemingly random greenery provided a sort of capsule away from time - it was like standing between two worlds.

"I'm full of surprises, Jimin," Jungkook said with a wink as he plopped down near the base of a thick tree trunk. "For instance, I put my socks on before my pants." He said wiggling his brows as if he had revealed something scandalous.

When Jungkook sat down, half his body was instantly coated in shadows from the large branches above, giving the features of his face a sharp outline while the other half of him, the half that soaked in the sun, seemed to radiate. Jimin was surprised at the strangeness of seeing Jungkook in regular clothes. The neon traded in for a black t-shirt that clung to his skin lightly, exposing the rough lines of his muscles. Between his collarbones layed a thin silver chain and a tiny matching loop hung from Jungkook's ear.

It was an odd feeling to be comforted by Jungkook's familiar jeans, because the casualness of him outside the construction clothes was almost jarring. Sure, he's seen Jungkook wear casual stuff when he went over to Jungkook's apartment, but Jimin wasn't exactly in the right headspace to notice then - now, now he was, and now he noticed.

Jungkook brought a calloused hand through the dark curls of his hair, his neck exposed in the process as his tongue fell between his teeth in concentration. The movement flashed a deep scar across Jungkook's elbow where Jimin had noticed bloody bandages before; something in the older made him want to brush his finger across it to verify that the skin had indeed healed: that Jungkook couldn't feel the wound's sting. Jimin fought off the urge as Jungkook's brows furrowed. The brunette boy hesitantly began to take various items out of his backpack, almost as if he were nervous, which Jimin knew was impossible because Jungkook barely ever took anything seriously enough to know what nerves felt like.

"I had Yoongi help me pack a little." Jungkook said sheepishly, hiding the hint of color growing in his cheeks which caused Jimin to feel dizzy. The minute Jimin felt his heart warm at how cute Jungkook's nerves were, Jungkook had to crack his signature smug grin. He took out two bottles of lemonade, one minute made and the other Mike's, and poked Jimin in the ribs with it. "Not that I need help packing where it counts, you know." Jungkook wiggled his eyebrows again which Jimin surprised himself by laughing at instead of punching the boy.

"Thanks for that, Kook. That's exactly what I wanted to think about before eating." Jimin rolled his eyes and Jungkook smiled as if he had won something. He then pulled out two sandwiches, one with crust and one without, some pretzels, a box of strawberries that had the stems cut off already, and lastly a bottle of water.

The entire time Jungkook grinned to himself, looking down at each item. The smile felt private, and when Jungkook kept glancing back at Jimin, his eyes radiated with both fear and bewildered excitement. Jimin couldn't help but smiling himself. He grabbed the sandwich without crust, sitting down beside Jungkook so that they were shoulder to shoulder but not quite touching.

"What?" Jimin asked with food muffling the sound as Jungkook continued to stare at him. "Something on my face? There usually is." Jungkook's eyes widened and Jimin practically choked on his food, swatting Jungkook's shoulder arguing that he should be drinking holy water instead of lemonade.

"I'm surprised, really Kook, Such foul thoughts coming from you."

Jungkook's stupid brows lifted at that and Jimin starting swatting again.

"Hey!" Jungkook laughed harder. At this point completely just messing with Jimin because he liked the way the boy's cheeks grew a darker shade of red with each tease.

Whether he was embarrassed or frustrated, Jungkook couldn't tell, but he thought it cute either way. In fact, he thought most of everything Jimin did was cute. The way his eyes narrowed when he was annoyed; how toothpaste clung to his lips and how he refused to be embarrassed while wiping it off on his sleeve; how he seemed annoyed at his friend while walking over to Jungkook that first day, each step sassier than the last; how he rambled when he was nervous; how he couldn't unlock his own door; how he bought minute made lemonade knowing neither him or his roommate would touch it and yet refused to then throw it out; honestly the list could go on and on.

"What?" Jimin laughed, but it came out more like a weak huff than anything else. "Come on Jungkook, don't look at me like that unless you tell me why. It makes me feel like a snack."

"You are a snack."

Jimin snorted, poking Jungkook in the ribs. He seemed to like poking Jungkook to get his points across - which was another thing Jungkook added to the list of things he found cute about Jimin.

"Tell me or you never get to look at me again."

"That's quite the threat." Jungkook replied.

"Seriously, I'll blind you with my sass forever. I've done it before, heard it's in-cure-ab-le" Jimin emphasized. Jungkook wasn't sure whether or not to take that sentence seriously but Jimin was starting to lean in and Jungkook caved.

"Okay okay, fine. You win, I'm no match for your threat of sass, Min." Jungkook grinned, picking up the other sandwich. "Just...I liked it when you called me Kook. Made me feel all fluttery inside." Jungkook said, making a little fluttery dances motion with his fingers at Jimin who rolled his eyes in response.

"Behave and I might call you Daddy." Jimin said nonchalantly, though his eyes narrowed with determination to get back at Jungkook for his dirty joke earlier. Jungkook practically choked on his sandwich, having to cough and hit his chest. Jimin grinned at his victory, but Jungkook caught on that Jimin was messing with him, and so he decided to have his own go at the fun.

________
A/N: this habit of mine of writing fics to procrastinate really important assignments has to stop 😂😂 But also writing this chapter and the next one made my heart really full. It reminds me of when I clicked with this boy, we'll call him R, and we had two weeks of really cute dates like this. Of knowing you liked someone and yet so surprised by how fast and how easy it felt to. Idk, it just put more feels into Jikook for me because I feel like they've always clicked, you know? And I love it.

- Violette