Wrong Turn

"Jimin! Taehyung!" Kim Seokjin hummed as he turned to face the two boys, a box of painting utensils in his slim arms, and beamed a devastatingly handsome smile. "I'm so glad you guys could make it!"

"I'm so sorry we're late-" Taehyung started worringly, pushing the pastel pink door of the club open. He set his backpack down on the half done floor underneath a neon babe sign where colorful geometric shapes were freshly painted on the white walls. Jimin silently shuffled in behind Taehyung, his inner cheek between his teeth. He was staring at Taehyung as if his friend was holding a bomb in his heads.

"Don't worry about it," Seokjin said, placing the crate he had been holding on top of a white, old school hotel styled front desk. Golden keys hug behind it. "I'm just happy guys could make it." He beamed and Jimin was reminded once again how handsome his older friend was. Seokjin was an elegant, traditional type of beautiful. He had a narrow waist and well proportioned shoulders, his jaw clean cut, his nose sharp, and his kind eyes dark against his fair skin.

Seokjin eyes trailed to the two doors hugging the front desk fondly. The left one had a pair of sparking, dark blue, lips painted across the front of it. The right one sported a peace sign splattered in rainbow paint. "Gosh," Seokjin sighed, "I've been working on this place with Moon for months now. It's crazy to think that we'll be opening in only a few short weeks. Still so much work to be done."

"You're not mad?" Taehyung asked. He glanced over at Jimin who was sweating for an entirely different reason. Seokjin chuckled, either failing to notice Jimin was acting weird or choosing to ignore it.

"Of course not," He said, ruffling Taehyung's untidy hair. Seokjin flashed his younger friends a warm smile, taking out a slip of paper equally as pink as his dyed hair. "To do list," Seokjin answered, catching Taehyung craning his neck to read the pretty cursive writing.

"Before we get started, um-" Taehyung said, hugging his elbow to his chest apologetically. "Those cupcakes you asked us to bring? I might have - we might have - it's funny actually-"

"Hm?"

"-crushed them...a little bit."

SeokJin's gaze went foggy; for the first time since the boys entered the club's freshly painted lobby, he looked exhausted. There were bags underneath his eyes, his hair misplaced, and sweat clung to his neck. Seokjin and his significant other had been working since early morning and while Jimin didn't know Namjoon well personally, he had a feeling he was equally as nervous as Seokjin to get the club looking right.

"That's...alright." Seokjin replied as he wiped his hands on his pants with a weary smile. "No snack to look forward to I guess. You two do make such lovely treats at that bakery of yours." He picked up the crate again. "Nothing we can do about it now. There's still lots to get done." He hummed, letting out a forced laugh and heading inside the door with the lip painted across it.

Jimin rubbed the back of his neck, ignoring the heat he felt buzzing through his skin. A brief image of his palm pressing against a stronger, studier neck, flashed across his mind. Jimin instantly blushed, dropping his hand as he pressed his palms into his warm cheeks, dragging the skin down a bit with a sigh. Taehyung, thankfully, interpreted the motion as Jimin sharing in the boy's dread over the whole encounter with Seokjin.

"Running with pastries man..." Taehyung sighed heavily. Jimin chuckled, rolling his eyes at his friend before poking him in the side.

"It's pretty dangerous. Like Sting Pong."

"Or murder." Taehyung said matter of factly.

"Sure Tae. Exactly like murder." Jimin said as he tried to decode Seokjin's cursive over Taehyung's shoulder, only being able to read Stock Up Peace Room's Bar. Jimin read on, knowing Namjoon was probably in the Peace Room and Jimin was still awkward around him.

"Or," Taehyung said, his voice suddenly seeping in mischief. "Kissing a stranger for directions."

"Shut up." Jimin replied as his cheeks flushed again. His lips still buzzed from the encounter and Taehyung's teasing didn't help. It'd be a lie to say he didn't enjoy it, the kiss, but there was absolutely no part of him that felt obligated to let everyone know that a random ass boy effected him in any type of way at all.

His friends meant well, but other than Taehyung, they could be overprotective. Even though he'd grown taller and his muscles toned over the years, his friends never could shake off the chubby cheeked boy they'd first met. Somehow Kim Taehyung, who was the same age as Jimin, didn't receive the same treatment. Jimin guessed it had to do with how Taehyung carried himself - like he understood who he was at his core and would never apologize for it.

Taehyung was an amazing friend, one of the absolute closest people in Jimin's life, save for Seokjin, but he had his faults. Drama, being one of them. Any sort of gossip was like oxygen to the guy, so of course Jimin didn't trust he'd keep the whole thing on a down low. Taehyung even ran a fan site dedicated to Kpop idol's just for the fun of it. Jimin had asked him once if he worked for Dispatch under some alias, expecting Taehyung to laugh it off. He didn't. They never spoke of that again.

Taehyung winked Jimin's way. He put his index and thumb across his own lips as if he were zipping them up, before following Jin through the lip painted door. Jimin imagined catching the imaginary key to Taehyung's zipped lips and burning it.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up," He muttered to himself as the hot construction worker started to mix back into his thoughts now that he was alone. Jimin couldn't help replaying the kiss. It wasn't his first, nor would it be his last, but there was something about the energy between them that he still couldn't quite buzz off.

Maybe I'm just horny, Jimin thought, trying to shrug it off. The brunette boy had been warm against Jimin, his skin heated from working in the sun. The air around them turned thick as the wind picked up, brushing against their bodies same as their lips had brushed against one another. Annoyed, Jimin looked down at his crotch, muttering stop it, before feeling incredibly stupid.

The kiss was meant to strictly be a business exchange, a tactic for desperate measures. Sure, Jimin had felt physically attracted to the guy. He was built like a freaking Olympian God, it was hard not to be. But, he was also annoying. Annoying smirk and annoying smile and annoying demands.

An exchange. That's it. But then his lips were soft, his grin gentle, his hands sturdy and warm. Jimin tasted him and it was like the world exploded. When they parted for air, Jimin's tongue barely scraped the other's lower lip and it tasted of dark chocolate and burnt almonds. Jimin tried to pull away soon after, surprised by how deep the kiss had fallen, when a firm hand landed on his hip, granting him an excuse to lean in again.

Stop it. Stop thinking about it. Stop-

The second kiss was short, shorter than the first, but the heat between them still stung Jimin's lips. There was a moment, before the rest of the world flooded back into view, when Jimin's eyes connected with the stranger's golden specked own and they mirrored his genuine surprise. Even taken aback, the brown haired boy managed to grin. Jimin almost forgot the guy's hand still laid gently on his hip. The touch was so light, so delicate, like the stranger had never held something so fascinating in his arms.

For that single moment, the asshole's expression was kind, his smile genuine and his eyes dancing. But it didn't last long. Almost immediately after their kiss, the brunette's co workers started hollaring and whistling. A tall but slim boy made some congratulatory remarks aimed at the hot asshole sex God and the young construction worker's eyes flickered, his grin expanding into an amused smirk. He wiped the edge of his lip with his thumb while taking a step away from Jimin. There was a victorious gleam in his eyes as he pointed out the station: it was - quite literally - just around the corner.

__________
A/N:
So fun fact about me, I'm a Slytherin and my best friends are a Ravenclaw and a hufflepuff.  Also, BTS WORKING ON A FULLY SELF PRODUCED ALBUM?! All their v-lives are making me cryyyyyyy

- Violette