Superman Took Cocaine

Kim Taehyung wasn't sure what to expect when he crossed into the new room. A part of him thought he'd walk in to find Hoseok's tongue half way down Yoongi's throat. What he didn't expect was to instead find the two boys sticking close to the navy blue walls, talking. It looked intense and there were many hand motions involved between the two of them. Hoseok was shaking his head as Yoongi described something, Yoongi's face was calm but the anger in his eyes palpable. Then, his mouth opened as Hoseok spoke to him slowly and Taehyung watched as Yoongi furrowed his brows, rubbing his face in confusion.

Taehyung, in a moment of fight or flight panic, hung back for a second, trying to calculate where best to hide; he didn't want to walk up to them and interrupt their private conversation. But, before could spin away on his heel, Yoongi caught his eye and every single muscle in Taehyung's body froze him in place.

He didn't look happy.

Hoseok turned to see what Yoongi was looking at and looked equally as pissed when his gaze settled in Taehyung. Yoongi, with a single finger, called Taehyung to come walk over to them. Taehyung shook his head, knowing that was just about the last thing he wanted to do, but Yoongi's gaze was like a rope, stretching and wrapping around Taehyung's chest until breathing against the constraints became impossible, and so despite himself, Taehyung walked over to where the two boys, having to weave past a couple drunk couples where were swaying to some slower music than the pounding beat of the first rooms DJ. Taehyung swallowed, recognizing the song as the one Yoongi had demoed on their date.

Taehyung tried to keep his face as neutral as he could as he approached them. He licked his lower lip in a quick, nervous flick, feeling particularly tiny even though Yoongi was shorter than him. Both Hoseok and Yoongi had their hands crossed in front of their chests as they waited for Taehyung to speak.

"Nice weather we're having." Taehyung croaked.

"You could have told me." Hoseok said and Yoongi looked like he mirrored the same sentiment. "That'd he'd be here. You could have warned me, Taehyung. Or just asked!"

Taehyung swallowed again, nodding.

"You're mad." Taehhung stated and Hoseok let out an exasperated breathe, like he couldn't believe his own ears.

"I wasn't expecting you to be dating my ex, so yes, I'm a little mad." Hoseok said.

"In my defense, we're not dating," Taehyung said hastily, putting his hands up in the air defensively, although he knew full well that that's where Yoongi and himself were headed. He thought back to their date, how Yoongi had held him in his lap as he pressed silver headphones into Taehyung's ears, biting his lip as he memorized every facial movement of Taehyung's reactions. He remember how happy he'd felt when Yoongi said he wanted to capture Taehyung's voice on a song someday, how he wanted to create something together. It felt strange and intimate and exciting. Taehyung took in a deep breathe, trying to keep the guilt from appearing on his face. He couldn't exactly explain to Hoseok that he was afraid he'd have to stop seeing Yoongi if he knew.

"Plus," Taehyung stammered, "I didn't know you guys were a thing until after I met Yoongi." He said, knowing it was only partially true.

"I-" Hoseok started but then stopped. He looked back at Yoongi with a pained look and then sighed. "I know, I know you're right, you didn't know. But, Taehyung, I just-"

"You did know." Yoongi cut off, leaning against the wall. He crossed his arms and Taehyung really wanted to run for the hills then. "Maybe not when we met, but we've texted about Hoseok before. I never used his name but you're smart enough to put two and two together."

"I- yeah. I know, I'm sorry."

"Why never mention it?" Hoseok asked, swallowing. He was avoiding looking directly at Yoongi, apparently years weren't enough to heal over some old wounds. From Hoseok's perspective, the relationship ended when he blacked out at a party, and after years of a relationship, Yoongi simply never contacted him again.

"I'm sorry, I was being...selfish." Taehyung said. It physically pained him to look at Yoongi as the shame started to nestle into his chest. Yoongi sighed, frowning as he put an annoyed hand around Taehyung's shoulders and pulled him into his chest, acting like the whole thing was very burdensome even though his hold was gentle and warm. Hoseok eyed them, biting his cheek before shaking his head.

"Yoongi and I talked." Hoseok started slowly, exchanging a look with Yoongi worth a thousand words. There was a look of mutual understanding, of two people hurt by the past and even a reveal of truth could never erase it's memory. Taehyung stayed silent, unsure where Hoseok was going. "and Tae, I- I'm okay with it." Hoseok said, wiping his hands on his legs before giving Yoongi one last look, he nodded and Yoongi nodded back, it felt so intimate and private, like Taehyung was interrupting the goodbye the two boys were never able to have.

"I just wish you would have told me earlier." Hoseok said and Taehyung unraveled himself from Yoongi, opening his mouth to response when a scream broke through the club, the choking sound raising above the club music. Taehyung's entire body froze, he knew the voice like he knew the back of his hand. He ran, pushing people left and right as he weaved to the back of the room where Park Jimin was sprawled out on the couch, his face pale, veins sickly blue in his neck, as his body thrashed around.

Jungkook's large frame was behind him, calling out for help as he held Jimin's head. Taehyung's mind flashed, wondering what exactly Jungkook had been fiddling with in his pocket before Jimin had taken that shot. He knew his best friend, they'd known each other since they were kids, and Jimin had only ever had a seizure once before. Taehyung, with a primal rage, shoved Jungkook away from Jimin and immediately barked at the people around him to call an ambulance. Jungkook's eyes were wide, staring at Taehyung in confusion as the boy's dark own were a whirl of anger and a sort of betrayal that burned down to the core.

"How dare you." Taehyung barked, rushing to Jimin's side to hold his head and wait for the the seizing to cease or for urgent care workers to rush in. Jimin's family didn't have a history of seizures, nothing in his brain or health made him susceptible to them either. There was only one thing that had triggered such a reaction in his body before.

It happened during a summer where Jimin had broken his ankle after spending too many hours attempting to perfect a the choreography for a showcase. He was much harder on himself back then, he'd keep practicing until his feet bled and there was no water left in him to sweat. Taehyung warned him, cautioning that Jimin was going too far, but Jimin wouldn't listen until his bone finally snapped.

"How dare you!" Taehyung yelled at Jungkook with tears in his eyes, "He trusted you!"

When the doctors prescribed Jimin painkilling drugs, Jimin's body hadn't reacted well to them, causing his entire body to seize minutes after taking one pill. He had no past history with seizures, no health concerns, no family history. The seizure was a direct response to the drug. The doctors though, had made a mistake. There had been a mixup in the prescribed pills, a tragedy that hit the medical department hard. Instead of pain killers, Jimin had taken a small white tablet called Rohypnol: a date rape drug.

_______
A/N:
Guuuys, whenever you don't know if it's better or not to talk to someone, it's usually better. Like it worked out well for Tae but he really should have talked to Hoseok about Yoongi before hand. Talking can resolve so much, don't be afraid to communicate, even if it can seem scary at times, it's almost always the healthier thing to do.

- Violette