Wet Bois

It hurt. The rain drops. They were heavy and thick and wet beyond belief, so much so that Jimin's clothes clung as tightly to him as a second pair of skin. It was dark outside along with the rain. The sky angry, the thunder roaring with hunger. Even with his jacket propped up above his shoulders, the lightning flashes between the city buildings were inevitable to witness. Bright sparks of pure energy cutting through as sharp as a knife would.

Jimin was shaking from it all.

It was loud and alive and - well - cold.

Among the summer heat, the surprise drown of rain brought with it freezing winds that pulled Jimin's blond hair in hundreds of different directions. When he had first stepped outside, Jimin hadn't expected for the weather to get so bad. The bakery was all closed and Jin texted he was planning to finish up the last of the bar's wall painting on his own which allowed for Jimin to actually head home early - expect for the fact that he had taken a wrong turn. Now, stuck in the middle of an ever growing rainfall, He missed the warmth of the bakery. The stable walls, the heat from the oven, the calm bell of their timers. Even their bakery cat, Kookie, who was like a portable heater that happened to scratch occasionally.

It wasn't intentional - the wrong turn. But the paths weren't clear due to the fog and his thoughts felt as blurry as the air in front of him. A certain brunette boy's mixed messages also helped cause his head to stir. Hoseok's warnings against Jungkook didn't help, Taehyung's indifference only made Jimin's confusion worse. Seokjin was still in the dark about the whole Jungkook thing, though Jimin suspected Namjoon might guess something's up - he's gotten more stare-y than usual when picking up cupcakes for Jin.

Jimin shivered, the thunder roaring above him as Jimin stumbled upon an open grass field near the middle of the city. He thought of the black shoe box Jimin had hidden Jungkook's innocent, almost child like, letter in and wondered if it was happy to be hidden away from the storm. Then again, Jimin only assumed the letter was from Jungkook since it wasn't actually signed, but it was sweet, sweet enough that if Jimin focused on the words and the smell of the paper, maybe he could drown out the raging sound of rain hitting his back.

God Jimin was just so fucking cold.

"Hot stuff! What the hell are you doing here?!" A certain honey like voice cut through the sound of the rain and the rush of Jimin's escalating thoughts. Jimin glanced down at his feet, squishing some of the mud underneath his shoe down further as he glanced around the city park for the voice's owner. He squeezed the side of the make shift umbrella he had made of out his jacket, swallowing roughly as another roar of thunder struck over head. He worried the ground would shake, though in reality it was simply his body that was expressing such unstable movement. He'd never liked storms. Even as a kid. Taehyung used to have to cuddle with Jimin back before they moved from Busan to Seoul to get him to calm down.

"Jimin? Jimin, hey it's me. It's Jungkook. Can you hear me?" Jimin turned to face the now concerned tone the speaker had adapted. Jimin's eyes were wide, brown color frightful as heavy drops of rain weighed down his lashes. His cheeks were pale, almost ghostly, as he squinted to make out the silhouette of Jeon Jungkook - construction worker extraordinaire - standing a couple feet in front of him with groceries in his hand. The boy wore a regular hoodie, black in color and thick in material. His shorts were made of a once light denim though the rain must have dyed them a darker hue.

"Jungkook?" Jimin cried out, squinting and re adjusting his vision: he couldn't believe that it was really him. Another crack of thunder boomed. This one ripping through the air as if to tear through the skin of the sky. Jimin's jacket dropped to his feet, Jungkook now coming toward his in a full run. The boy's lean muscles and long legs making his once foggy form more and more visible with in the rain the closer he got.

Jimin's palms were pressing into his ears as his knees hit the grass of the city park. Clutching at them as if the pressure could keep the fear growing in his chest at bay. "Jungkook?" He cried out, eyes not even opening as he began to rock slightly back and forth, "Jungkook please - please I -"

And then there was a hand on his back. And on his shoulder. Suddenly a pair or knees were touching his own, and a chest engulfing his small frame into it. He could register the sound of a plastic bag wrinkling near his feet. The inviting warmth of Jungkook's citrus-forest smell. It somehow reminded him of his bakery and so he leaned in and took a very large breath as if to encompass the entire scent in a single sigh. The rain didn't stop. The fog didn't clear. The thunder didn't diminish. But the knot in his chest seemed to loosen.

"Hey," Jungkook's calming voice wove through the air like poetry, music each hitting new keys and chords all in the same exact second. Jimin's eyes finally opened and when he looked up, he stared into a pair of gorgeous golden brown ones who's lashes were coated in water. Jungkook's hair was drenched, catching to the side of his face. His hoodie seemingly weighing him down, but Jungkook payed no mind to any of it. His hands found the sides of Jimin's cheeks, and his thumbs uselessly swiped some of the water out of the way. "Hey, I got you, Okay? Jimin I'm here. It's okay-"

And then he pulled Jimin back into his chest, and Jimin clung to him. Hoseok was no where warning him in his mind. Neither was Namjoon's judgemental stare or Tae's indifference. There was only Jimin, the thunder, and the warm boy.

_________
A/N:
wow you guys, this is the last republishing chapter left. I don't know why that feels so crazy to me. Every single chapter after this is completely new and that's so exciting for me but also so strange. Anyway, just thought I'd share 😂❤️❤️

Also, this is so off topic but since the chapter was about storms this kinda relates. I've always struggled with the stretch marks on my thighs and someone told me this yesterday that kinda just stuck: don't hate them, you exchanged thunder for lightning, both are powerful in their own ways. Idk, it's dumb but I liked it

- Violette