Baby Boy Bite That Bullet

"Yo Tae," Jimin mumbled through a mouthful of popcorn, some cornels falling out of the side of his lips. He kicked his friend's shin under their shared The Office themed blanket. The two bestie cuddling despite Taehyung's unGodly cold body. "I think I done fucked up."

"Mhmm," Taehyung replied, nodding with his eyes never leaving the tv screen. Not to sound bias or anything, but Harry Styles was currently ripping his shirt off in the middle of his watermelon sugar bootleg - so Taehyung's attention was almost rightfully on the tv and not on his bitching best friend. James Corden was dancing behind him in the video with a protect Harry tee-shirt which Taehyung seemed slightly envious of.

"Tae, come on," Jimin whined, poking the boy's side to which Taehyung send him a square jawed glare. "Be serious. Look at me-" Jimin playfully scowled. When Taehyung finally directed his attention to him, Jimin was too shocked to even smile.

"Look how serious I am. See these creases?" Jimin pointed at the folded skin around his forehead as he hardened his expression as best as he could before finally breaking. Taehyung readjusted himself so that he was facing Jimin. He causally handed over the popcorn bowl towards Jimin who grabbed a handful of the peace offering, swallowing it in one bite.

"Alright, lets have at it. You have until the commercials end."

"I'm having boy dramaaa."

Taehyung rolled his eyes before shifting to find the remote, shivering when it was by Jimin's feet - Taehyung was definitely not a foot person. He always said they looked too much like hands on your legs - and then paused the tv at the most perfect scene. Dylan O'Brien from a teen wolf commercial was smoldering into the camera; that hot guy who plays Derek Hale somewhere off of in distance. God you know when two people are just meant to be? Well that was the type of aura Dylan was sending off for Derek and Taehyung could not get enough of it.

"Tae." Jimin said, getting his tone more to the point. "Drama. Drama and Tea. You love tea."

"Well I love teen wolf too. I have a very large heart Jimin." To that, Jimin simply kicked his best friend in the gut. Taehyung, as a good sport does, kicked Jimin back and the suddenly the bowl of popcorn that had been between their laps spilled on the floor entirely. Namjoon had dropped some off earlier that day, which was kinda weird since neither of the two boys talk much with Jin's boyfriend, but Namjoon insisted the pack was a thank you for all the help getting the club ready. He did this odd lingering thing by the door, just staring at Jimin, until finally darting off.

But hey, free food so what are they to judge? Never say no to free food. Especially when it's offered by strangers who on white vans. You know those geezers have the good shit.

"If this is about Mr. SexyConstructionWorker then I don't really want to hear it." Taehyung started. "I heard he sat in my chair when you brought him over here. I've spent years breaking that stool in."

"Tae. It's plastic. It's a plastic chair."

"And so I had to work extra hard to break it in."

Jimin stared at Taehyung. Taehyung stared back. Both boys tried their best to keep up the intensity of the I'm gonna win laser gaze only for them both to break it last minute. "I think I might, you know, not particularly hate him. Don't give me that look, you know what I mean Tae. I think I fucked up when he came over last week."

"Why?"

"Well," Jimin started, running a hand through his hair for a moment. He bit his lip, conflicted in how he wanted to talk about Jungkook. Taehyung not being dumb was sometimes a real let down as the kid knew Jimin was crushing on the smexy boy. Jimin tended to either talk about him a little too much or somehow managed to make it to the bakery late each morning. Tae wouldn't lie, most of those dudes were hotties, but it was odd having Jimin into someone outside of their circle. Jimin's never really done that before, you know? Joking around is all fun and games but it's kinda gotten past the point of oh yeah he's hot to I kinda want him to rip off my pants and make me call him daddy.

Okay maybe not to that extreme, Taehyung maaay have exaggerated a bit, but the point remains the same. Like two days ago, for example, Jimin wouldn't let Taehyung touch the obnoxiously sweet lemonade the two of them bought forever ago. He'd said it was because the lemonade represented their unnecessary spending habits and needed to remain for the pure joke. Taehyung shrugged it off but after a while it kinda made more sense that Jimin didn't want Taehyung to drink it because he was saving it for someone else. It was just little things like that. Taehyung was sure Jimin didn't even realize he was doing it.

"So you know how Jungkook came over a week ago?" Jimin started to which Taehyung nodded, noting Jimin using the boy's real name and no longer referring to him by his occupation. "He hasn't been working since then. I mean each day I go to the train, right? And he's never there. Or when I go back. But Yoongi, the guy you think is hot? He's the one with pale skin even though he's continuously out in the sun. I have a theory he's a vampire but we can touch on that later. Anyway, Edward Cullen is still working but Jungkook's ... I don't know. I kinda made him upset since-"

"-since you kicked him out of the house?" Taehyung finished, having heard about as much the night it happened when he'd gotten back from working on Jin's club - covered in pink glitter mind you. Jimin was on the floor eating dark chocolate so Tae figured something had gone down. Jimin didn't say anything at first, just leaned his head onto his best friend's shoulder after the boy slid down next to him.

"But I thought you said you kicked Hoseok out too? Which, by the way, you go for that. Hoseok's a dick." Taehyung added, nodding at the end of his statement as if there was no arguing his point.

"Well that's what I thought too - not the Hoseok being a dick part - but then he looked hurt that I kicked him out. I was mad with Hoseok and it's not like I know Jungkook all that well so I don't get why he got all salty about it."

"Maybe he just wanted to see you longer."

"You think?"

"Or," Taehyung said, turning back to the tv with a hand under his head, resting his elbow on a pillow. "Maybe he thought you chose Hoseok over him to something."

"What?" Jimin's brows furrowed as he considered it before shaking his head. "No, there's no way that's what it was. The guy's too cocky. Besides, why wouldn't he show up to work if it was over the fact that I kicked him and my friend from forever out of the house?"

"Maybe it's not about you at all then."

Jimin sighed, the commercials ended and Taehyung's attention slid back onto Harry Styles, eyes wide with awe. Jimin though somehow couldn't get his mind to shut up. Maybe it has nothing to do with you. Jimin frowned, thinking maybe it was because Jungkook didn't want anything to do with him. Jimin ran a hand through his hair, trying to comb out his thoughts out from his head. It had been a while since he had an actual, legitimate, crush on someone who wasn't a kdrama actor and to be honest - it terrified him.

_______
A/N: Monday update as usual!!
Has anyone watched Master In The House?? I'm so addicted to it that you'd think I was taking drugs.
- Lee Seung Gi
- jkjk, it's Violette