• Epilouge •

Jimin leaned on Jungkook's shoulder as they waved their legs off the edge of a brand new hotel building - the one Yoongi and Jungkook had been constructing when the two boys first met that hot summer day. At their side was a half empty box of black and white cupcakes, the frosting slightly smushed on the edge of it.

Jimin smiled, turning his head to face the bright orange sunset lingering at the edge of the city, shifting the sky into a pool of red flame. Jimin loved the sunset because of the golden hour was when the light would hit Jungkook's face just so, warming up his alrighty warm features and causing his skin to glow.

"You're staring."

"You love it." Jimin replied, reaching for another cupcake but Jungkook caught his wrist mid-reach, pulling Jimin in closer instead. His grin was sharp and eyes teasing.

Jimin's heart skipped a beat.

"We didn't spend all day making those just so you could eat them all, Jimin." Jungkook said with a tisk, his eyes flicking to Jimin's lips.

Jimin's own narrowed. "You know, when I asked you to join the bakery, I really didn't think your employment through. That's a lot of back talk for a part timer."

"Well I couldn't say no to the housing benefits, could I?"

"It's not my fault Yoongi kicked you out so Tae could move in. Really, my allowing you to leach off my apartment was charity work. I should get a medal or something. For helping the homeless, of course. I even let you share my bed."

"Of course." Jungkook repeated, his soft lips loose in their grin as his golden specked eyes danced to Jimin's lips. He watched as Jimin's cheeks went red before dropping his hand from Jimin's wrist to his neck, steading it as he leaned in and connected their lips. Jimin hummed, kissing Jungkook back softly as the sun set further below them.

Jungkook shifted away from the ledge of the roof and helped Jimin down to a safer spot before he pulling him safely into his lap.

"You don't have to baby me Jungkook, I recovered two years ago. I'm a big boy." Jimin said firmly and Jungkook only laughed, pulling Jimin's chin up so that their lips could meet again. The sun hit Jimin's hair, illuminating his silhouette like a halo of light.

"I know you can protect yourself, Jimin. It's my job to make sure you don't fall off the ledge of buildings."

"I thought I hired you to bake cupcakes and flirt with customers so we get more tips."

"I was under the impression that saying yes to my proposal was a separate job offer of keeping my fiancé whole."

"That one goes both ways." Jimin said back, poking Jungkook in the forearm before pouting at how fucking strong he was.

Jimin wanted gains like that too. Maybe he'd get Jungkook to teach him how to lift. They could be that power couple that workouts together. After a moment Jimin decided maybe no to that - because that'd mean actually working out and working out wasn't really a vibe, just pain.

"What." Jimin finally demanded, pulling back as Jungkook let another laugh slip. His small hands slipping into Jungkook's palm and playing with his fingers, their matching wrist tattoos of delicately drawn keys brushing against each other. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing." Jungkook said, laughing again. He threw his head up to the sky and Jimin swallowed at Jungkook's exposed neck before his eyes softened. There was nothing like Jungkook's laughter, Jimin decided. Nothing like the crispness of it's edge or the freedom of it's canter. Jungkook's laughter was wild, it was alive and dancing, like the flames of the bonfire they'd gone to years ago and Jimin would do everything in his power to never let it burn out.

"I just," Jungkook started, his hand brushing Jimin's hair and settling back down the back of his neck. Jungkook's golden speckled eyes beamed and Jimin couldn't help but smile back. "I never knew I could be so happy. That's all."

Jimin bit his lip at that, something in his chest flipped with warmth. "Jeon Jungkook." He said softly, "To think I used to pin you for an asshole."

Jungkook burst out laughing, shaking his head. "Really?"

Jimin smiled, leaning up to his fiancé, "Mhm. A hot one, for sure, but an asshole nonetheless."

"And now?"

"Well," Jimin said, tilting his head in fake thought. "I guess you're just an asshole I've fallen completely and forever in love with."

"Oh?"

"What?"

"I don't think I caught that last part, Jimin. Do you mind repeating it?"

"I love you, Jeon CatCaller Jungkook. I love you. You make me want to live like no one has ever done before. Not just survive, Jeon Cocky Beautiful Cheesy Jungkook, but live."

Jungkook beamed as he pulled his adorable fiancé back into his arms and kissed him like there was no world that existed where the two of them weren't destined to meet each other. With Jieun gone God knows where and Namjoon still in recovery, neither boy had ever known such freedom before - and they finally got a lifetime to share in it.

_____

_____• The End •

_____
• The End •