Ashes Ashes We All Fall

WARNING
Includes potentially
triggering content.
A/N Summary Provided
_____

The word was a blur of stars, music, and Jeon Jungkook. The liquor burned at the back of Jimin's throat as he swallowed, trying to ease the increasing effects of double shooting whatever it was that Namjoon had given them. The thought of Namjoon made him frown; the entire night he could feel his eyes drilling into Jimin's back. He wasn't sure if he was judging him for dancing with Jungkook or what, but it caused the drinks to pass easier down Jimin's throat.

Jimin might have gone a little heavy on the alcohol since the world was starting to feel a step away. Partially he drank to loosen the tighteness in his chest - Jieun hadn't made any move about him breaking their deal. He had backed out; completely. Every time he thought about holding up his end, something violent pushed its way down his chest and he felt like he was one step away from throwing up. Jungkook had gone through so much already, how could he possibly have a hand in putting him through some more?

Jungkook, thankfully, was oblivious to the whole card game ordeal because Jimin never told him - never wanted to tell him just how much he had risked for the boy's freedom; he didn't want him to know that he had failed, either. That he had failed him.

So he drank. Because the clock was ticking and Jimin refused to believe that at some moment it might run out.

Jimin could barely hear his own laughter, the sound muffled to his own ears. He bit his lip, trying to focus on the room around him with little success. Somewhere in the back of Jimin's mind he registered that the second room of the club was beautiful - the ceiling done up like a night sky, the square shaped room painted with clouds and had flashing stars hung up in it's corners, illuminating a second DJ booth. But, in the slow haze drowning Jimin's thoughts, all he could make out from his vision was a lot of dark colors and little orbs of light that sort of bled into one another.

Someone's fingers brushed across his back and Jimin jumped at the touch. They felt cold yet somehow familiar, but he couldn't place why. Jimin called out for Jungkook when a whiff of something like vinegar hit Jimin's nose causing his head to pang. When he turned around to see who had touched him, he was met with a hand handing him out another drink, the acid blue liquid swishing in the glass. Jimin shook his head, having enough alcohol already in his system.

Jimin thought he'd gotten away when suddenly his throat started burning, the drink spilling down his throat. Jimin was too out of it to know if it'd been him who'd caved and taken the glass out of the blurry male hand or if the taller boy had tilted Jimin's head to help pour it down instead.

"Jimin? Jimin! There you are, you swayed away from me there-" Jimin instantly smiled at the sound of Jeon Jungkook's voice. It was like honey, always like stupid honey with his stupid grin and sexy stupid honey moans - Jimin giggled to himself, thinking of Jungkook moaning like honey. Then he giggled harder, thinking of another substance that was just as sticky. Then, giggled even harder because, omg, gross.

Jimin smiled against the wave of nausea that hit him. He felt Jungkook's hands lay protectively on his waist, pulling him in closer to his chest so that Jimin didn't wander off on accident again. This room was smaller than the first one and so it was much more packed. It made it more fun for dancing but not exactly the easiest to stick together.

Jimin forced his head to turn, the movement like trudging through cement, as he watched the walls start to cave in around him. Compressing and compressing and compressing like how it felt with his skull.

"I like your voice." Jimin hummed and he could hear Jungkook's laugh break through the veil of drunk fog. Jimin smiled dumbly at that, leaning against Jungkook's chest to keep his feet upright. For some reason he was starting to feel strangely tired, like the energy to keep control of his limbs was slowly being seeped out of him. Jungkook kissed the top of his head and Jimin smiled, saying something along the lines of I couldn't shatter it.

Jungkook probably only understood two or three of the words from that incredibly mumbled sentence, taking it as a sign to pick Jimin up and carry him over to an identical couch area as the one in the other room expect these were love seats and deep navy. Jimin wrapped his legs around Jungkook's waist as he carried him, watching as the colors of the world swirled past him. He smiled, trying to catch the colors only to pout when his hands came empty handed.

"I think that's enough partying for us today, mini." Jungkook said, sitting down onto the couch. Jimin's head spun with the movement, but he laughed at the bounce. Despite the heavy feeling growing in Jimin's neck, moving his body was like trying to force boulders move, but he recognized that he was straddling Jungkook. His brows came to together as he watched himself - almost like he was floating up and up and up - he lower his lips to kiss Jungkook's neck, the skin tasting like watermelon sugar on his tongue. Jungkook pushed on his chest a little bit, pulling Jimin away.

"Chim, you're wasted."

"Pffft-" Jimin said, 100% positive that a coherent sentence has rolled off his tongue instead of just a dismissive sound. He leaned back down to suck on Jungkook's neck only to have his waist lifted, Jungkook physically picked him up, and plopped his ass beside him on the couch instead. Jungkook reached for Jimin's hand, drawing circles on his wrists in response to Jimin's pout, before kissing him very lightly on the temple.

"I'm not going to take advantage of you. Jimin, you can't even speak properly."

"Bull." Jimin said, trying really really hard to focus on the right Jungkook, since he was seeing three, to scowl at.

Jungkook pulled Jimin's head down onto his lap so that Jimin could curl into him. His fingers started running through Jimin's soft hair and Jimin closed his eyes. He'd been drunk many times, that time in Busan one of his top ten, but it'd never felt like this. In fact, alcohol had never made him feel so heavy. Usually, it was the complete opposite. Never before had moving his own limbs felt like it should be it's own Olympic sport.

"Kook-" Jimin mumbled, squinting at the throbbing of his head. Each beat of his heart pounded in his ears, as loud as gun shots. He tried to shift his arms into a more comfortable position but his muscles weren't responding, no matter how hard he willed them to move.

"Jungkook." Jimin tried to say again, now more panicked. He wasn't even sure if the words were actually getting out of his throat. "Jungkook. Jungkook-"

"I'm here, I'm here Jimin. What is it?" Jungkook responded immediately. Jimin could only sort of register the warmth of Jungkook's body or the brush of Jungkook's hands up and down his back. He could smell that forest citrus scent, it grounded him when it felt like his mind was trying to float away - up and up and up and away. Everything felt so far, the control of his own body slipping away from him. He could hear his own voice clawing at the back of his mind, crying out in a hysteric panic, but his lips had trouble simply forming simply Jungkook's name.

Jungkook carefully shifted Jimin off of him so that he could better examine his boyfriend. He placed Jimin's body on the couch so that Jimin was laying on his back and then crouched down next to him. Jimin felt Jungkook's hand against his forehead, could hear the sound of his voice but couldn't make out the words, the world slipping away from him behind a window of glass. He felt like he was watching himself, like he was floating. When Jimin heard someone scream, he wasn't sure if it was his own voice or Jungkook's before something in Jimin's body clicked and he started to seize.

_______
A/N Summary: Jimin and Jungkook start dancing at the new room of the club. Someone slips Jimin another drink and Jimin starts losing control of his body. Jungkook notices this and takes him to a couch where soon after Jimin starts to seize.

A/N: For my friends who are older, please stay safe at clubs. Girls, look out for one another even if you don't know each other, please please speak up if you see something. I love you guys, stay safe 💜

Double Update today!! I overslept today so I thought I'd update again to pretend I didn't miss out on my responsibilities

- Violette