Red, Red Lips

Jimin woke up to a cold breeze and an empty chair. He startled up, eyes wide as he frantically searched around him in the same way someone might look for their keys. Jackson, who jumped at Jimin's sudden movements, put a hand on his shoulder and gave it a light clap after Jimin recovered from the mini heart attack.

"He went to get the door, not sure who for, but Jungkook's still here. He only got up a couple minutes ago." Jackson said kindly, reading the fear in Jimin's eyes. Jimin nodded, sinking back into the chair and bringing his knees to his chest as he stared into the fire.

"Your friend's still here too." Jackson added, a light smirk at the edge of his lips. "Out of Yoongi and Taehyung, I'm not sure Taehyung's the one you need to worry about running."

Jimin smiled at that with a slight laugh, still a little dazed from waking up. He wasn't sure when he had fallen asleep, a couple hours into the night he supposed. He remembered the gentle rise and fall of Jungkook's chest, the hum of his breath, the light forest smell etched into his sun kissed skin. Jimin wrapped his hands around his legs and placed his chin on his knees as he leaned back into the chair, a small pout in his lips.

Taehyung glanced over to him, pausing his conversation with Yoongi as if some best friend spider sense had been perked. Wordlessly, the two boys communicated between a series of scrunched brows, tilted heads, and wide eyes. Taehyung, without having to really say anything, formed the word go? with his lips and tilted his head questioningly.

Jimin shrugged the smallest shrug that has ever been shrugged and Taehyung tossed back a stern look to which Jimin rolled his eyes and took his phone out of his back pocket. Taehyung took this as a confirmation, telling Jackson and Yoongi that he had an early shift at the bakery tomorrow so Jimin and himself should really get going - which wasn't really a lie, but the way Taehyung stretched as he sat up made Jimin think Taehyung had made up the excuse on the spot.

Jimin sent a quick text with their location to Hoseok, asking if the older was free to pick them up. It'd gotten late, the sky an angry hue of blue and black above them. Seokjin never failed to warn the boys about taking Ubers when it was too far into the night so he hoped Hoseok wouldn't mind. Jimin sighed, then put his phone away.

He stared at the fire for one moment longer before slowly getting up. Jackson gave him a friendly hug, saying he was welcome back any time, and Yoongi nodded at Jimin. Too macho for goodbye hugs, huh? Jimin thought playfully, wanting to make the comment to Jungkook, wanting to watch that slick grin crave its way on his bright face, only to turn around to empty air.

Taehyung waved his hand discreetly, ushering Jimin to find Jungkook so Jimin could say goodbye to him too. Jimin knew Taehyung's intentions weren't to actually wing man his best friend, but to get a moment alone with Yoongi. Yoongi seemed uncomfortable, his stoic face set and his movements stiff. Taehyung ignored this and went on about how he needs Yoongi's phone number for personal research reasons and something about the IRS.

Jimin laughed, waving at Yoongi and mouthing the words good luck. He then retraced his way through the little yellow house, hugging his hands to his chest. It was strange, Jimin thought, with the air so cold around him his first thought swayed towards how warm Jungkook was instead of wishing for a jacket. He shook his head, blushing slightly.

What are we, Jungkook?

He felt his phone buzz in his back pocket, Hoseok must have texted back. Jimin meant to check what he wrote when he heard something on the other side of the wooden front door. It sounded like giggling, bright and sweet. He heard what sounded like Jungkook's voice, though raspy and deflated, as he murmured something that only made the girly giggling return.

Jimin wasn't sure why his hand shook as he reached for the knob of the door. Goosebumps were covering his skin as he twisted it, a little gasp left his lips as he felt his heart beat rapidly in his chest. Jimin bit his cheek, pulling the door open fully. At first, he saw nothing, just the city street stretching out before him. He frowned, stepping out onto the lawn, wondering if maybe he imagined the voices.

"Jimin?"

Jimin froze.

His name sounded off.

It sounded short. Surprised. Scared. Broken and misused - like glass shattering.

Jimin didn't have the heart to turn around, his mind screamed for him not to, but his feet turned either way and when they did Jimin felt the air get knocked out of his lungs. Jungkook looked beautiful. Lovely, like an angel fallen from Heaven. His hair was tussled, a dark storm on his head. His shirt clung to his skin in a destroyed way revealing his right collarbone, the skin painted with a smear of red lipstick, a purple bruise forming underneath it. The gold looked particularly spectacular in his burnt caramel brown eyes, the flakes dancing like stars, bursting beneath a distant layer of shock.

It was then that Jimin noted the girl leaning against him. Jungkook's back was to the wall, his wrists in her small, delicate hands, as she pushed him against it. Her frame was petite; she was so small Jimin imagined the wind might sweep her off her feet and her hair gleamed an extraordinary silver - the color which the moon above them might bleed.

Surprised, she stepped away from Jungkook and her long hair whisked, streaming over her shoulder like rain hitting a window. She turned her wide, grey eyes on Jimin and smiled then. Her red, red lips curling upwards. It was strange, Jimin thought, how Jungkook seemed to cower at this small, beautiful, creature.

"Oh," was all Jimin managed to sputter out against the white noise grinding in his head. "I-I'm interrupting. I'm sorry. I was - um." Jimin started, running a hand frantically through his hair. "Tae and I are heading home. I wanted to say goodbye but it looks like you're busy so-" Jimin could hear his voice sound so calm, so clear, and it fascinated him because inside he felt like an ocean was crashing dark, foggy, waves against his head. Like he was watching the world turn through a fogged window. His movements felt heavy, his vision blurry, but he bit his lip to hide it.

A car Jimin didn't recognize pulled into the drive way. The girl, with her strange silver hair and grey eyes, pressed a kiss against Jungkook's cheek. When she pulled back, a red mark was left on his skin and she subtly dug her nails into his forearm like claws before letting go.

"Jieun," Jungkook pleaded, his voice breaking. It almost hurt Jimin to hear it, the same way seeing Jungkook injured felt inherently wrong. Jungkook sounded like a puppy that had been kicked one too many times. Like the world crumbled underneath him.

Jimin stood there, shocked. Jungkook's head hug heavy, his shoulders slumped inward, his legs looking like they could barely keep him supported up. The girl, Jieun, patted Jungkook on the cheek, lightly smearing the imprint of her kiss with her thumb. She grinned a viscous but amused smile that didn't reach her eyes. Then, she leaned in, having to lift up on her tippy toes to reach Jungkook's ear. Jieun whispered something that caused Jungkook's face to fall into his hand and his back slid down the slide of the house until he hit the ground.

Jieun pulled away and approached Jimin, leaving Jungkook at her feet. Up close, she was even more strange and beautiful than Jimin thought imaginable. Her face was soft and round, her eyes blessed with dark lashes to curtain the grey of her iris. She brushed a hand to his cheek, her fingers cold, and a smile etched onto her face like a knife had sliced it. The car honked and with a savoring look at the disheveled Jungkook, she walked off to the it, her heels clicking against the concrete sidewalk like cries calling out from Hell.

______
A/N: BTS VMA PERFORMANCE?? Kings 💜

- Violette